68 valiant signet 2 door

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Re: 68 valiant signet 2 door

Post by Dave999 »

exactly......! and that module will work with a lucas dlb198 which you can get from every factors in the UK...£20 spare

you can get a HEI coil for $17 and a module for $15 from nappa or jcwhitney

or you can get the same things with Accel or MSD stickers on for $150 - 200

ignitions...... lots of advertising rubbish makes the path to spark nirvana a little tortuous

dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

The coil was £14 odd and the module £8 odd, both with free postage from China where everything's made these days. I bought a spare module so I won't get stuck anywhere too.
Neil.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Nice

used to be cheap went expensive but discounted again
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

I actually have some finned ally heat sinks from an old welder, I thought about bolting the module to one of them on the bulkhead instead of under the dizzy body. At least if it went Pete tong I could swap it out easily.
Neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i've still been buying parts. over the last year i've bought (seperately) a speedway straight tube axle, a pair of repro early ford 37-41 spindles with a kingpin kit and a chassis engineering brake kit that's ford/mopar 5 stud which i'm told uses mopar rotors. i started mocking at all up the other day and found i needed the top hat spacers for the inner bearings and seals, castle nuts and washers and dust caps. all easily bought from speedway so they're all on the way. the dust caps were $5.99 a pair or $7.99 for chrome ones, so as i don't have centre caps for my slot mags i went shiny.
now the car's been exhumed (i took the cover off sunday) i'll do some more to it, i even found the rest of the new lock set so i fitted them too.
cheers, neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

the speedway top hat spacers use a different hub seal as it appears they use chevy hubs/discs not the mopar ones i have. i'll have a look on ebay to see if i can order the right seals and if not i'll call kent bearings on tuseday to get a pair.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i picked up the seals from kent bearings, my local bearing supplier. they are great and have never failed to get whatever bearing or seal i've needed however obscure. yesterday i ordered rings and bearings for the other 318 i'd bought. i mentioned before i'd picked up a set of mahle +60 flat top pistons but they had no rings. the crank looked ok and having thrown the bearings when i stripped it i'm pretty sure it was stock but i ordered -20 on both ends and mains to be on the safe side when i get it reground. it'll give me a 327 short motor as a spare or i may even add all the top end from the built 318 (ported 360 heads, solid cam, tunnel ram etc) to the fresh short block.
i didn't need the parts yet but was ordering parts from summit for a customer so i shared the postage costs with him.
neil.
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

today i've ordered all of the 'rose' joints, threaded inserts, spacers, tube, nuts and bolts etc from rally design to make up all of the steering and suspension parts for the valiant. when i assemble it i'll make solid rods where the coilovers will be to simulate ride height. i won't need the coilovers until final assembly so no point getting them yet.
all of the 'bought here and there' parts to make up the front axle and brakes all went together fine yesterday so it's all go. again :thumbright: .
neil.
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Sounds good Neil, when you get a chance snap a piccy :thumbright: :lol:
73 Charger 318
MMA-130
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

ScottyDave wrote: Mon Jun 08, 20 6:45 pm Sounds good Neil, when you get a chance snap a piccy :thumbright: :lol:
will do dave, i'm happy i'm sticking with plan A and making it a gasser. i'm not going 'very' altered wheelbase like my anglia though, probably just move the front forward in the arch a bit to make it 'look' right and radius the rear arches :thumbright:.
neil.
ps when i cut the rear arches off, they are rust free so if anyone wants them let me know in advance and i'll do it neat so they can be reused.
Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

Can't wait to see it up on its wheels :thumbright:
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

Dom66 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 20 8:16 am Can't wait to see it up on its wheels :thumbright:
you and me both. it'll be 'up' for sure :thumbright:
Blue

Post by Blue »

I could do with the arches please fella, could use them to stretch mine.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
mygasser

Post by mygasser »

i'll be careful when i cut them then mate. :thumbright:
neil.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Cheers!
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”