It's In In!!!!!!

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Re: It's Out, Out!

Post by Pete »

My Ducati made 117bhp at the rear wheel....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Yeah,I know Rob and Nick only do there own,thats why i wondered where it was at :thumbright:
I dynoed a 1970 426 Hemi,472ci iron headed motor last week,.550 mechanical cam,made 560HP,with 32 degree of timing and a 750 carb.
It was mainly to bed the cam and rings,this thing will be blown methonal for a dragster
Pete

Post by Pete »

Excellent stuff, Dave - I hope you managed to find the Rocker Cover Gaskets Ok, sorry I could not help out with that one.

Mine made a bit more than that, and was still increasing in power when we called it a day at 6800 rpm - I am not that brave....

Got it back home and unloaded it three days later :roll:

Push Rods were perfect. Top end was spotless, no nasty surprises..

Rob pulled the System 1 apart after the Dyno and pronounced it spotless....

I have just got to build a car around it in time for the Nostalgia Nats, and maybe fix the tow car too.....
[/quote]
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Non-Blue Push Rods (now 7/16" Diameter, not 3/8")
Attachments
New Pushrods post Dyno run.jpg
New Pushrods post Dyno run.jpg (125.01 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

very nice
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well, as most people know, the numbers it actually ran with that relatively minor refresh were: ET = 9.7; TS = 140 mph; averaging 138 mph. The car weights 3200 lbs with me in it - so that means a VERY light Challenger (and before anyone says it, a very heavy me....)

The 60 foot times have always been rubbish. the best ET was achieve with a 60 foot of 1.43, which is junk, but always with a (relatively) high mph and it pulled like a train at the top end.

We went to the Pod on a cold day last autumn with the intent of trying to diagnose the poor 60 foot times, and on the last run the starter motor failed.

Once I got it home, we had a quick look and it was evident the complete nose broke off and got ingested by the ring gear; so now it was the choice to either pull the motor or the Transmission.

I lifted the valve covers and found a broken valve spring, so the choice was made and the Engine AND the Transmission was taken out for a refresh.

In essence the engine has now come out twice, which is not great after a total of 32 runs....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Pete

Re: It's In In!!!!!!

Post by Pete »

Well, after a full engine re-fresh, transmission re-fresh, Torque Convertor repair, new Billet Starter Motor, revised front suspension and about 300 other things, the car is back together!!!

Sincere thanks to Blue for performing the Transmission upgrade and rebuild, and also for helping me with the Installation.

Everything has been measured to death and all is within limits, so I grew a pair and hit the "Start" button...

Fired up at the fist attempt and it has 3 forward gears and 1 reverse gear, which is nice.

It might have scared the chickens next door a bit though....
Attachments
Hemi back in!.jpg
Hemi back in!.jpg (118.29 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Dom66

Post by Dom66 »

:thumbright: lucky chickens, how about a sound clip for the rest of us .....
Pete

Post by Pete »

Sorry, Dom - I did not record it, I was too busy looking at all the gauges, taking instruction from Blue whilst checking the transmission operation, and pooing my pants in general... like Child birth but worse....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Phwoooaaarrhhh!!! :love10: :notworthy: