My '70 Charger project

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve Ottley

Re: My '70 Charger project

Post by Steve Ottley »

Adam wrote: Tue Jan 28, 20 1:01 pm Hi Steve. I'm also in Newhaven, and I know this car quite well, having helped Mark get it running many years ago. As you say, originally TX9 black with a white inverted C stripe, it would have been a stunner when new. Glad to hear it's still local - if I can help in any way, let me know :)
Hi Adam, Thanks for the background info. You've got an advantage over me 'cos I've never seen this car run !

Going by the build sheet it also came from the factory wearing hood pins and - a quite rare I understand- trunk rack. This makes me chuckle - with a boot as big as that why on earth would anyone need a trunk lid rack ? That's probably one thing that won't feature in it's next incarnation.

Now I've seen your lovely Coronet around here a few times and guessed you weren't far away. Thanks very much for the offer of help- that's very kind.

Steve
Some days you're the windshield- some days you're the bug.
68Roadrunner

Post by 68Roadrunner »

It just goes to show there are a loads of cars still tucked away rusting.
It’s great your getting stuck into this Steve,
Enjoy it and get your son involved too.
Keep up with the photos.
Richard😀
Steve Ottley

Post by Steve Ottley »

Adam wrote: Tue Jan 28, 20 1:01 pm Hi Steve. I'm also in Newhaven, and I know this car quite well, having helped Mark get it running many years ago. As you say, originally TX9 black with a white inverted C stripe, it would have been a stunner when new. Glad to hear it's still local - if I can help in any way, let me know :)
Thanks Adam, that's very kind of you. I've seen your lovely Coronet around, be great to find out more about the car.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Steve Ottley wrote: Tue Feb 04, 20 8:10 pm
Thanks Adam, that's very kind of you. I've seen your lovely Coronet around, be great to find out more about the car.
Any time Steve. Here's a pic from 2004...
Attachments
Marks-Charger.jpg
Marks-Charger.jpg (150.74 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Steve Ottley

Post by Steve Ottley »

Great pic! Thanks Adam.