James’ Barn of Destiny

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

Stu Twin

Re: James’ Barn of Destiny

Post by Stu Twin »

You could fit a full grid of Indy cars in there.
I don't suppose losing a foot or 2 off the width will make that much difference.
:)
Bratfink

Post by Bratfink »

Thanks for all comments. I am lucky to have the space, but it’s also been by design. We’ve been working up to this for about 15 years. Not finished yet.

The previous posts (apart from the concrete) cover almost 2 years of individual effort by me, I don’t have a lot of time off so it’s been an hour here or there and sometimes months go by when I just don’t have time to get in there.

With that, I’m into the fiddly bit, the corners, complicated by a pre installed shelf that I didn’t want to take out.
Attachments
5A66F47D-1187-4DF1-B3DF-5B8A30A2A4CB.jpeg
5A66F47D-1187-4DF1-B3DF-5B8A30A2A4CB.jpeg (159.37 KiB) Viewed 896 times
I am coming to believe a 56mph speed record is harder to achieve than a 400mph one!
Bratfink

Post by Bratfink »

Well work ground to a halt again.

I spent a significant amount of money having the roof coated in a titanium oxide that sealed the roof and lowered the inside temps by about 20deg F. It was amazing.

I was about to order the roof insulation.

Then a storm comes through, lightning strike on a tree brought the power pole down (yes we still have them in the US), along with all the lines and blew every appliance in the house and most of the shop.

Now the roof is leaking again and I’m waiting on insurance before I can get back to progress. Looks like another winter working on the shop with the kerosene heater.
I am coming to believe a 56mph speed record is harder to achieve than a 400mph one!
Bratfink

Post by Bratfink »

Insurance taking forever to approve fixing the roof, now the snow is down so we aren’t doing the roof until spring.

I didn’t want to achieve nothing this winter. So I finished the fiddly back wall. Now up into the gables to fit the extraction and finish the wall insulation.
Attachments
41E923E2-C0AC-4E6A-8A0D-575AC5FEDA26.jpeg
41E923E2-C0AC-4E6A-8A0D-575AC5FEDA26.jpeg (182.09 KiB) Viewed 749 times
Charger

Post by Charger »

looks fantastic James, coming along nicely

8-) :thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/