John Mills Roadrunner

Post old photos of race cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Les Szabo wrote:Is that a 572 Indy?
572 B1
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

mopar_mark wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:Is that a 572 Indy?
572 B1
Yes you can tell it's a B1 because I accidentally fell into one of the inlet ports once and had to be pulled out by my feet. :lol:
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yes would've loved to have a set of B1's on the '69 440-6, but couldn't afford them then....would've gone lowish 10's on motor though and easy 9.5's on sniff!!......400cfm+ heads with porting work!!!
Mick

Post by Mick »

B1 originals are way too big for a stock block, B1 BS would work well though.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Mick wrote:B1 originals are way too big for a stock block, B1 BS would work well though.
spot on mick same with the indy head you need the smaller version on a 440, pump not man enough for them......
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yes correct, no Eddy/Indy heads available back then, only Koffels 452's and there weren't many floating around cept for on engines. You guys have got it easy these days to make hp. ;)

By the way, just for your info, best iron heads for flow when ported with just Chrysler Templates are not 906's.......452's and 346's outflow them by nearly 20cfm.....Best head is the 452.
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Les Szabo wrote:By the way, just for your info, best iron heads for flow when ported with just Chrysler Templates are not 906's.......452's and 346's outflow them by nearly 20cfm.....Best head is the 452.
Yeah we knew that. ;)

Waste of time now with all the new heads out there. I quite like the sound of the new Mopar Performance heads. :thumbright:
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Dave wrote:
Les Szabo wrote:By the way, just for your info, best iron heads for flow when ported with just Chrysler Templates are not 906's.......452's and 346's outflow them by nearly 20cfm.....Best head is the 452.
Yeah we knew that. ;)

Waste of time now with all the new heads out there. I quite like the sound of the new Mopar Performance heads. :thumbright:
Sorry :P :D
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Bit of porting on these would wake a street/strip motor up.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance ... oreDetails
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yep, if only back then.......get those up to around 325cfm+, increase your CR otherwise you don't get the full benefit with Ally Heads, something like a .620 solid or like my old .650 CC cam and bang 600hp+ with just a 440.....not hard....who needs strokers when you can make that much hp so easy and cheap, and it'll work!.. and that will run low 10's in a proper 3200lbs all in weight Race car that can hook properly and 9.90's in a 3000lb'er. But thats going off topic some.