hemi road runner

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pete_B

hemi road runner

Post by Pete_B »

Now I might be imagining things, but I seem to recall hearing talkof a drop top hemi roadrunner over here at some stage? Does anyone else know of the car? Any pictures or anything? I'd love to know what happened to it.

Cheers

Pete
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Pete, There was definitely a red 69 Hemi Roadrunner convertible over here around 1980ish. I remember it being at the Pod and came out on a lunchtime parade. The officials seem to get the arseache when the owner (was it Keith Harvie?) was getting it sideways in the parade.
Last heard of as being a part of a mystery collection in an abandoned church in the middle of nowhere.
I'm sure others old enough could come up with a bit more info or photo of the elusive car. Just remember it was about 35 years ago and memories fade.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

If anyone knows about it, I expect Jim Wilson does :-k

PaulR wrote:....Last heard of as being a part of a mystery collection in an abandoned church in the middle of nowhere.....

:shock: Sounds interesting Paul, do you know any more about that mystery collection? Not heard about that before... :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

There was a red 70 RR convertible owned by Bernie (can't recall surname) in the early 80's. Wasn't a Hemi though. Got a pic of it at the Chelsea cruise - I'll see if I can find it.
Pete_B

Post by Pete_B »

Hi Paul,

That would fit with what i'd been told, really just trying to find out what ever happened to it, if it still exists etc.

That's great Thanks Adam, any pictures would be helpful.

Pete
Blue

Post by Blue »

The mystery collection is out in Norfolk/ Suffolk, I forget which. The guy has been collecting hemi cars for many years now, I first heard about it in the early '80's, and assumed it was an urban legend. But, Tim Fennel I believe and Jem have both been there and seen the cars first hand. I think he has around 20 cars and none are in very good condition apparently, none for sale of course. No doubt in the not too distant future something will happen and the whole lot will end up at auction.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete_B

Post by Pete_B »

Twenty Hemi Car's Blue?! :shock:

So the plot thickens, not just the hemi road runner but possibly other as well, love to know more about this....
Blue

Post by Blue »

I can't remember exactly how many, it might be less. Years ago when a Hemi car seemed to disappear from the scene, it was assumed that's where it had gone. Tony O or Jim Wilson could talk specifics I'm sure.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Pete_B

Post by Pete_B »

Even if its a half that its pretty crazy....
Steve

Post by Steve »

Wow......this is a great thread....think we all want to know more.. :happy1: :happy1: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

[-( [-( [-(

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Jim

Post by Jim »

Yes I remember that car in the late 70's. It disappeared into 'the collection' (I think his name is Colin Wills?).

Anyway, It's a very long time ago I saw the car, but I'm quite sure it's not an original Hemi car. Maybe Tim, John, or Jem have seen it and can correct me on this?
Pete_B

Post by Pete_B »

The plot thickens....wonder what r.runners hiding :P
Jem

Post by Jem »

It is indeed part of the 'collection' in the church. Its never been out since the 80s. There's also a black on black Hemi 4-speed 'Cuda there as well.
"Nah!"
morgan

Post by morgan »

Wonder what price he's waiting for ? Surely there comes a time when you fire them out to auction and live on the proceeds ? Its a balance betwqeen value and life expectancy isnt it ? Surely the prices are already wayyyyyy over what anyone ever thought ? Unless its a 'nope. Gonna fix her up someday..' scenario.

Of course some people just wanna own stuff. maybe thats all he wants - to know he has them. Who are we to judge ?
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"