Granada 2.8i Ghia X

It's not Mopar, but we like it

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Chaos

Granada 2.8i Ghia X

Post by Captain Chaos »

Nostalgia moment ahead :D

I had several of these back in the day as I am sure many others did too,mine did sterling service pulling my car trailer all over when I first started out on my own so when I was following up a lead on a Motorbike and Sidecar I spotted a familiar face in the corner of the yard,I bought the Combination and after a bit of badgering managed to get the Granny too. She needs a few things doing but a blat down the A21 to Hastings for Fish and Chips ain't far off.

Here's a couple of the Dnepr Combination too..Thanks to Don for the steer in relation to the NOVA form :thumbright:

You can never have enough projects :lol:
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

30 years later and I still miss my MK1 3L GXL Granny :lol: great cars.

Have you had issues with the combi in relation to the sidecar on the wrong side? VOSA were refusing to register them as technically they're illegal in C&U regs.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks for putting up pictures of the Granada, A great car from the time that Velour ruled!!!

There was a lovely MK1 at the Shefford show yesterday.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
SJH

Post by SJH »

Great cars, I had an ex police Mk1 Granada 3.0S in white with filled holes in the roof, zipped up headlining and two speedo's in the dash and winding windows.

If you like velour I will post a thread on my series one Opel Monza, which has a red velour interior !

Shayne
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

SJH wrote:Great cars, I had an ex police Mk1 Granada 3.0S in white with filled holes in the roof, zipped up headlining and two speedo's in the dash and winding windows.

If you like velour I will post a thread on my series one Opel Monza, which has a red velour interior !

Shayne
Nice one Shayne,I'd like to see that. I had a Monza GSE a few years back.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

latil wrote:30 years later and I still miss my MK1 3L GXL Granny :lol: great cars.

Have you had issues with the combi in relation to the sidecar on the wrong side? VOSA were refusing to register them as technically they're illegal in C&U regs.
Interesting...Not registered yet but done the MOT work and was planning to go down this week to get it tested,we thought that it was OK on the wrong side because of the age.The Tester I use for Bikes said he thought that it was OK as it was a 1973 and it was "some date in the eighties" when right hand drive as such is the law,he was going to check.

Owners club never mentioned anything when I applied for the dating certificate and I had to provide photos,I guess I will find out :?
Pete

Post by Pete »

I be that will terrify the Bananarama! out of the passenger in the chair - in the face of oncoming traffic with no control!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
latil

Post by latil »

Just checked,you're OK. Outfit must have been previously registered before 01/09/81,after that they're illegal.

http://simplysidecars.co.uk/sidecarlaw.html

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Pete wrote:I be that will terrify the Bananarama! out of the passenger in the chair - in the face of oncoming traffic with no control!
I don't think I'll achieve more than 40mph,which I suspect will feel like 140.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

latil wrote:Just checked,you're OK. Outfit must have been previously registered before 01/09/81,after that they're illegal.

http://simplysidecars.co.uk/sidecarlaw.html
Cool. Thanks for the Link.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Pete wrote:Thanks for putting up pictures of the Granada, A great car from the time that Velour ruled!!!

There was a lovely MK1 at the Shefford show yesterday.
Pete, the guy with that Mk1 has a saloon, coupe and estate, all Mk1's , all the same perfect condition and the estate he has owned from new. He is in his eighties now, lives in the village and also has an E type and a Austin 10.
Never fails to support our local shows.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Ghia coupe now i could live with a minter, but they to are now out of reach 12k or more,
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Cannonball wrote:Ghia coupe now i could live with a minter, but they to are now out of reach 12k or more,
Indeed,very pretty Car.

Back in the Day a Mate of mine had one with a 302ci in which really made it a nice powerful machine,rusted pretty good,then was broken up and the remainder "Raced".
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Just wondering what platform did they use? that is nothing like the grenades they sold here in the states.

Cool looking car for its vintage :thumbright:
latil

Post by latil »

Didn't the South Africa home market cars come with a 302 as standard?