While i was away..

It's not Mopar, but we like it

Moderator: Moderators

octanejunkie

While i was away..

Post by octanejunkie »

There has been a gap in my membership, so just in case there is anyone who is remotely interested in what i was doing while i was away, this is what i was playing with...

1980 Trans Am. Retrofitted with a 1969 400 Pontiac engine. Best bodywork i'd ever seen on an old F body.
When i drove it home in the pithing rain the ignition system got soaking wet and started misfiring. Coming off a slip road i put my foot down, and nothing..... Then all of a sudden it went "BANG". Biggest backfire ever, and it blew both silencers clean open like bean cans! :lol:
Got it sorted. Lot of bushes replace too to stop it squeaking. Was fantastic at powersliding round roundabouts with the posi axle.
Sold to a trader in the North, who bought it blind.

1970 Buick Electra 225.
This is such a great car. Best yank i've ever had. Beautiful condition, and drove like a modern car. Totally original, and just required a repaint in its original color.
Original high compression 455 was a beast. Also had twin pipes with flow masters. Posi traction axle out back too. Real iron fist in a velvet glove.
Was a sad day to let it go, ran it for two seasons (a record for me!). Traded it for my Charger.. Wish i could have kept it.

"If its a job no man can survive, he's the man for the job"
Pete

Post by Pete »

You were certainly busy, and they were fantastic cars.

It's good you have found your way home... ;)
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Nice Transam 😀 I blew up the silencer apart on an old Shogun in a similar fashion, two must have been loud.