franklin mint cars I got free!

An area to discuss model cars and kit building and to show off your own model collections.

Moderator: Moderators

gmopar59

franklin mint cars I got free!

Post by gmopar59 »

Guy beside me does house clearances and showed up with these today. Got them for a aluminum folding ladder I got for free fom another guy at the units. All boxed, never opened, although I have now opened them. And theer are more! Haven't seem them yet, will be next weekend. bit of a steal I'd say. Should I display them or rebox and store. Not really a horder type so probably put them on the window sill. 57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, 50 Bel Air and 49 Ford Custom. Camera's on the blink so not great images and sorry about the wine stains on the table.1/18 scale.
IMG_1445.jpg
IMG_1445.jpg (82.72 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
IMG_1446.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
IMG_1447.jpg
IMG_1447.jpg (87.51 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg (99.05 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
Steve

Re: franklin mint cars I got free!

Post by Steve »

They are lovely! That is a steal! I would display them nicely in a cabinet out of the sun. Definately keep the boxes too

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Charger

Post by Charger »

they do look fantastic 8-)

i get the whole keeping them boxed and stored for value purposes, but at the same time they need to be seen and enjoyed

looking forward to seeing the others

:thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Back in the boxes and in the garage, just don't have the space and the wife won't be happy. Going to tell him to put the rest on the web. Will be interested to see what they are. Steve FYI on in Inverness this weekend. Can pick it up on ALBA on the interweb. :salute: Gerry
https://tartanheartfestival.co.uk/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cheers, I think I can get that on freeview here. I've given up on proper Internet now, it doesn't work. Experimenting with screen mirroring and hotspotting from my phone... not my strong point!
gmopar59

Post by gmopar59 »

Steve wrote: Fri Jul 29, 22 7:51 pm Cheers, I think I can get that on freeview here. I've given up on proper Internet now, it doesn't work. Experimenting with screen mirroring and hotspotting from my phone... not my strong point!
I don't even know what that means. i just have a cheap pay as you go!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Sorry, wee bit off topic.....I can't get a
broadband connection at my house but I do get a reasonable 4G signal on my mobile phone. I find what I want to watch on my phone then send it to my telly to watch it on the big screen. To use my ploptop, I switch on the mobile hotspot setting on my phone to make it effectively into an interned hub that I can connect to. That way also works on the telly. It's complicated and I usually end up just watching freeview :D