SMELLY - De-camming for de-smelling ?

Moderator: Moderators

morgan

Re: SMELLY - De-camming for de-smelling ?

Post by morgan »

Dave999 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 21 11:02 am PS if all else fails

4 hole spacer under carb
if that works then maybe....

stick this in your manifold

https://www.aussiespeedshop.com/product ... -manifold/

turns a race only manifold into something that works better on the street

i.e if you find a 4 hole spacer under the carb makes things better then this is the next step

better distribution at low RPM with only a small impact at higher RPM but obviously has an impact on WOT all out race operation in the 5000+ range where plenum size/space is king

Dave
Got a 'phenolic spacer' on (spelling?) to keep heat out but clearance is TIGHT (like 1mm tight) to bonnet. It doesnt *quite* touch but its damn close.
Thats an interesting thing. Never heard of that.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

you will know when you get total advance right
it just gets quieter and smoother.... i can't explain it its not an all out power change no real seat of the pants feel as such... its a sound and feel change. it lets you worry about noises that previously were drowned out :)

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Adam

Post by Adam »

morgan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 21 1:47 pm Quick answer - no idea. If thats what Bob had, yes ! (got a pic somewhere).

EDIT - Yes, seems I am, looking at the build sheet for engine. "Rhodes Variable Duration"
Morgan, you are right that they are designed to soften a lumpy cam by bleeding down at idle, but I know that they can be problematic - either not bleeding down, or not pumping up. If you've got some and some, it could cause the symptoms you describe. A vacuum gauge is your friend - if it flutters at idle, something's not right.

Sorry if I'm repeating (or contradicting!) advice already given - I confess I haven't read the whole thread :geek: