Hemi HT Help.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Re: Hemi HT Help.

Post by Dave999 »

morgan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 21 1:55 pm Well it was helpful to me.
I'm trying to decide whether to buy a Taylor 10.4mm madman set at £110 or a 440source set at £50 !
Taylor Cable provides the spark you need to take the win.

sounds like you don't even need a coil with these ones

:)

I had a bloke called simon make mine, very muscular crimping hand

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

I prefer the MSD Spark Plug tubes end, which can be mated to a multitude of plug leads, my preference being Firecore.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Well, while you guys have been having a very interesting debate on what to use where I have been repairing what I have.

Now don't get me wrong, I can see the passion for the marque but cannot see the sense in being broken down on the side of the road when the Mustang owner is offering to lend you a ford fuse! For all the nay-sayers out there, do you really think that there is a different factory making Ford parts sited next door to the factory making Jag parts, NO, there will be a company like Standard making for every manufacturer and a body putting the parts in a Ford or Mopar box, and that's reality.

It does lead on to not letting your factory Ford tech service your car but use "Billy down the road cos he has a Dodge" to cross thread your plugs!

Anyway after the suggestions from Dave, I took the broken bits of plug adaptor and spun them in the lathe to crop the damage off, then a trip to the scrap yard and robbed some "brand x, well GM" coil pack adaptors that were hi temp silicone and about 2in long, these pushed nicely over the plug top clip and gives a snug fit on the plug. This was then all cleaned off with solvent and sealed with adhesive lined heat shrink with a high dielectric strength (20kv). I got them fitted and the car now runs much better without the light show and with a much more steady tickover and lower HC readings from the exhaust. Job done. All for about £20.

Regards the comment of Mancini racing having what I want, sorry, not true. I ordered the supposed part and got a set of Taylor plug tubes that are nothing like, Hauser racing the phone just rang and rang. Yes $160 and all fixed would have been ok, and if you have £160 to throw away then I will post my address to throw it my way! But a std set of leads is not what I wanted, I wanted to replicate what was in the pictures, I do hope that I did not come across as someone that could not source and fit a set of HT leads, my questions were quite specific, and there is nothing wrong with the Taylor leads that are fitted.

I really do hope that there has been no bad feelings generated by this post but there is nothing wrong with serious discussion between like minded friends, I drive and ride different Marques and work on all sorts of sh*te and don't much bat an eyelid, But there is always an exception.
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

Yay good news
main thing is you got there in the end

running car

not

not running car

just gotta get the power safely into the plug, avoids spark erosion of the rocker cover or burns on your hand....

bad feeling....noooo... we've all been here a long time :)

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying