need advice pls rear brakes

Moderator: Moderators

The -Dools

need advice pls rear brakes

Post by The -Dools »

hi Guys, ok so original rear wheel cylinders weeping, order x 2 arrive with 'oval shaped backs' don't fit, so get another pair they fit, great x 2 rears all back together, adjusted up ready for bleeding , this is where the problem started, it seems the travel of the pistons inside cylinders is too long and fluid is leaking out from the rubber seal, so i am flummoxed are the pins now too small or are the cylinders poorly made, they are Raybestos cylinders from rockauto
any help ? any advise ? any suggestions ? thanks in advance TD
Pete

Re: need advice pls rear brakes

Post by Pete »

What car?

Can you post up pictures?

Sounds like the wrong Slave Cylinders to me.... have you compared them with the originals you took off?
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Derek

Post by Derek »

Pete wrote: Fri Jun 28, 19 4:50 pm What car?

Can you post up pictures?

Sounds like the wrong Slave Cylinders to me.... have you compared them with the originals you took off?
I'm with Pete on this one. compare old and new together.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
The -Dools

Post by The -Dools »

ill try for pictures today, master cyl is new to go with disc on front and drums on rear, originally power boosted
its a '68 GTX
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

sounds like something is missing or you have not adjusted the adjuster up far enough.

did you use 1o inch drum shoes in 11 inch drums or do the drums have a massive lip showing a lot of ware

wind adjuster until you can just fit the drums over and go from there.

i don't think there is any difference between the cylinders in 9 10 and 11 inch drums other than the bore and the fact that depending on the diff they were most usually mounted on they have either perpendicular pipe going in or angled pipe going in.

raybestos are a good brand

rockauto carry so much stock that sometime they get it wrong for example the seals for manual steering boxes what they list is 2 seals the size of a sourcer that are obviously not right

yet looking up the ones you actually need they are stocked.... just not for mopars.. this has been wrong since 2012...

anyway

take a picture and we can compare it with Image

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying