Which Hurst shifter

Moderator: Moderators

ChrisN34

Which Hurst shifter

Post by ChrisN34 »

Hi all, hopefully someone has some experience with these two shifters. Have had my eye out on the B&M Quick Click for sometime as well as the Hurst Autostick, and from what i can tell, both seem to be very similar. Been checking on fleabay here and there for some time and just my luck, someone has two for sale.

Autostick 1 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HURST-Bananarama! ... 3954244487
&
Autostick 3 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HURST-Bananarama! ... SwlxNebT1f

Hopefully the price doesn't rise too much, but at the moment both are in my price range. Does anybody have any insight on both of these and which is better to get? Will the modern cable kits hurst/b&m sell work with something like this?

Cheers all
Blue

Re: Which Hurst shifter

Post by Blue »

A mate used to have an Autostick 1 years ago, seemed to work well and he raced the car for years. I had an Autostick 3 in a car and I didn't like it, it would miss gears as it didn't have the best ratchet mechanism. Neither use the same cables or brackets as the B&M stuff, they date from before Hurst & B&M were both owned by the Mr Gasket corporation, so a certain amount of creativity would be needed to use them.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Blue

Post by Blue »

This is a Quick Click without the cover, wait for one to turn up or make your own..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-B-M-AUTO ... SwDdxeYkaS
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
DaveBishop

Post by DaveBishop »

I have one of them somewhere
2 x 1969 Dodge Darts
Pete

Post by Pete »

DaveBishop wrote: Sat Mar 28, 20 5:20 pm I have one of them somewhere

You have one of everything somewhere - I bet you can't find it!!!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
ChrisN34

Post by ChrisN34 »

Cheers all for the advice. Looks like i'd go with the Autostick 1 over the 3. Cheers for the link blue, though i think i'd rather wait for a complete one rather than hope to find a cover later down the line.

With regards to the brackets, how creative are you talking, could an existing new kit be easily repurposed or are there lists of trackable parts that would work instead?

I Only ask as i want one of these to go from the column to floor so i have a bit of blank slate to play with.