mounting

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Post by Pete »

I thought this was going to be a watershed posting, imagine my disappointment.

You HAVE to rubber mount the trans or it is broken case time.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Yes, without question rubber mount the gearbox, unless you have an abundance of spare tailshafts :D
Kev

Post by Kev »

If one has a midplate as well des the tailshaft still need a rubber one?
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Even with a mid mate & a motor plate, I would still recommend the use of a flexible mount for the transmission in Steve's application.

In addition to the 2 motor plates, "fore & after" limiters would also help to eliminate any movement & help reduce the need to flexible mount. I think it is also important to factor in what type of chassis design the application is to be used in.

I'm sure there are those who have solid mounted their trans & have not had an issues, I personally do no think it is worth the risk.

If you have a Pro Mod, Pro Stock, Rails type chassis's then that's a different story.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Steve,
Maybe I wasn't clear with what I was typin. I think with your application a mid plate & motor plate will be fine along with flexible mount for transmission.

Nothing wrong with fore & aft limiters, but more a belt & braces situation in my opinion. Force factors are more rotational, than thrust (back & forth.)

Cheers, Mark . . .