brooklands

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

cool, 10am, car on trailer and ready to go, guess i'll have to be early to get the trailer in and parked outta the way, whats the parking arrangements up there ? anyone know ?

Pete, sump loaded ready,
Eddie, manifold onboard too,

anyone else wanting owt ?

want those plugs kev ?

i think i have a couple of sets available if anyone else wants owt,
Kev

Post by Kev »

Plugs would be dandy, Hugh.
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We are coming down, where are the Clacket services Kev?
Guy

Post by Guy »

James give me a call if you can call in here before you go as you can take some valve springs down to Kev for me as unfortunatly im at work saturday nite.
Kev

Post by Kev »

South side of the M25, go across the QE2 bridge then follow the M25 round. It's just after the junction with the M2something that you join with after coming off to the left by the A21. (It will all make sense when you're there!) I would have thought going via Heathrow would have been better for you, but if you want to join us, excelent! mail me text me whatever! 07730056896
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

clackett lane is between the A21 and A22, might meet ya'll just along a bit if i time it right, mind you, may not keep up with the trailer !
Derek

Post by Derek »

Parking at brooklands...the event will be marshalled so someone will be able to tell you when you get there :lol: Roll on sunday.....
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi. FIrst post on new board.
I'll be there! (never been b4) Charger not behaving itself yet, overheating woes, grr, however the ever faithful Fury will be there. (Which has been my everyday car for the last month or so) Man I LOVE THAT CAR!!!

Just been very nice to it doing some little jobs like repairing the fuel sender, kickdown linkage, and exhaust. Fitted a cool clamp-on RH mirror too, so now i can even see the granma's clasping their hands over their ears without having to turn my head.

got some shiny new States Plates for her also.

Still looks like a right old clunker but hey, it has,, inner beauty.. or something.

If anyone has a spare Charger (big block) rad please bring to brooklands!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Kev, you are right about going anti-clock from Cambridge, but looking at the traffic reports the M25/M4/M3 is cited as being a big hotspot over the Bank Holiday weekend.

I may go Clockwise round and see you guys at the Service station....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pete,
from my experience of the M25, the main traffic on any weekend is quite easy,
biggest jams on the friday are southbound, and vise versa on the sunday or monday, so you should miss it being that monday is the last day of the weekend, always amuses me that when i go to avon, i get stuck on the surrey section (clockwise) for a short while, but watch endless southbound queues !

Will,
that is a very sinsister looking you in that photo, and a very owrried looking sheep !!

i'd offer to cruise up with ya, Will, but something tells me you'll not be hanging about !!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MoparManUK wrote:sinsister looking you
Sinister looking ewe?

I thought she looked quite nice. This is in ashdown forest where the sheep just walk all over the road.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hope all goes well for everyone and you have a great day and evening.

Can the main MMA website host some pictures of the event ?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Will i know that sheep second on the right and if it said anything to you about me its all lies
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh yes, as if no-one doesn't already know, the M25 is being widened between junctions 14 and 12 (or is it 10?) and is a major car-park at the best of times. I for one shall be finding a route through the fields. :angry5:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with Dave, big road works on the M25 going anti clockwise around the heathrow area you are definately bound to get snarled up. You guys might want to think about going further into London and picking up the A406 and going from there, you will hit traffic but not as much.

Otherwise meet us at Clakett lane services -last one there buys the teas :D

As for bits: Id like a couple of bonnet pins if anyone has some spares they want to sell and also Matt if you read this Id like two of those MMA t-shirts one kids size and one adult large size, (black with white logos), and two of those MMA bumper stickers, if you dont mind bring them with... 8)

See you all 2morrow