Australian Chrysler Chargers

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Australian Chrysler Chargers

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Dave (Petrolhead),

Here are some photos of the Chargers at the Nats. They may help. Let me know if you want bigger ones.

All the best
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave's
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

More Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Matt
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

More Matt
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

OK

you can't go wrong with terry's fixed ones
rubber is available to seal window to car and the glass is the most prevalent in Oz

Mine are the early VH type. with a frame and flimsy hinge
seal is not available to seal window to car
they come in black and chrome and are part of the H51 aircon option pack but RTs got them anyway to help cool the racing driver who would be a bit hot in his racing suit. They should be paired with full glass doors but mine got 1/4 vents for some reason.
the front door to rear window seal is on the front door glass. seal is identical to the one used for terry's and others with fixed rear windows
these windows stopped being used sometime in early 1972

matt has the king of all pop out rear windows
the seal to seal the window to the body is avilable
the seal between door and back windows is avaulable and is easy to fit.
it sits on the hinge channell that clips to the front edge of the back window
thes euse different hinge mounts and are the most prevelent type of pop out window both here (all export UK 770s had aircon i think) and in OZ. The hinges are made from pot metal the hinge strip is made from something decent.
wind noise is reduced and you can wind you door windows up and down at will and never get the door glass wedged the wrong side of the rear glass which efffectivly locks you into the car.

When windows become a priority let me know I have a few bits about. was going to convert but discoverd that to do that i'd need to convert my doors to take appropriate glass and runners for a front door glass that has no metal edge to it. Too much like hard work

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not all X35 cars had the H51 option. They did all get F56 though (anti freeze) :thumbright: Only about 20% of the UK cars had Aircon.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Someone get his coat forgawdsake!! :D :D :read2:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

RichDeb wrote:Someone get his coat forgawdsake!! :D :D :read2:
:lol: :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You have the ones that look like Matt's. The same as every other VJ. Yours should be clear aswell, you don't have the H51 (aircon) option therefore you won't have the green tinted glass.