4 POT CALIPERS

Moderator: Moderators

paolo_mangusta

Post by paolo_mangusta »

assuming it's the kelsey hayes type like my Dart then the repair kits are easy to get, since it's the same as a Mustang - US Auto should have them or just get some over from the States. If the pistons are in good shape then it just strip them clean them and fit new seals.

However, the pistons are harder to get, Rock auto do them but stock varies and the want idiotic amounts to ship them. www.rockauto.com

http://www.calipersonline.com/ do rebuilt units but then you get the problem of sending over the old units as exchange plus the duty etc. I've got spare cores so we might be able to sort something with sending two pairs over, but I still don't think the sums work out reasonable.

Trev on here offered to make some stainless pistons for mine - when I get round to doing them (ie once the car's painted, the engine's in it etc etc :D ) I think this might be the best option unless I'm going Stateside on holiday.

Fix them soon though, if you knacker your discs you'll be in for even more grief and expense!!
'64 Barracuda
Blue

Post by Blue »

The trouble with the Kelsey Hayes calipers is the seal seals against the caliper bore rather than the piston. If the caliper bores are worn, then changing the seals and pistons is a waste of time.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”