new garage now with pics

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Tony, Simon, do you know what the internal dimensions of your garages are? I had a council lockup and I'm sure last time I measured it, I thought it wasn't big enough for even an A body. How much clearance on the length do you have? Appreciate your advice as it could be a plan for me.
Martin Walker
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

length wise mate it is still a sqeeze i have to make sure the back end is touching the wall and that its flush to the wall to because there is litrally cms at the front of clearance [same with all the garages here]

as for length wise put it this way the old garage if i put the car in front first would have maybe 2-3 inches on the left and maybe a foot and a half on the right this new garage has about 6 ft on either side if i put it dead in the middle
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

strokerblue72 wrote:length wise mate it is still a sqeeze i have to make sure the back end is touching the wall and that its flush to the wall to because there is litrally cms at the front of clearance [same with all the garages here]

as for length wise put it this way the old garage if i put the car in front first would have maybe 2-3 inches on the left and maybe a foot and a half on the right this new garage has about 6 ft on either side if i put it dead in the middle
get a grip si,

its gonna be blue in this weather matey, :shock: :D
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Am I right in thinking that your car is 203.5" long Simon? That would make it 5" longer than my Challenger, hmmmm....
Martin Walker
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

if you say so lol i wouldent know mate but im sure one of the many anoraks will come in at some point
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

I get my dimensions from here but I don't know how reliable the site is. :lol:

http://www.moparuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4429
Martin Walker
Guy

Post by Guy »

A real dodgey site that Martin, I meet the chap that runs it once and that was enough. :lol:
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

:lol: Talk of the devil, you know a bit about squeezing and A body into a garage don't you Guy. Did you have to remove the spoiler?
Martin Walker
Guy

Post by Guy »

Yes I did Martin, i even had to take out the rear lights and remove the boot lid to get it in :shock: but its in :thumbright: a lot longer than the old Barracuda.

That reminds me I have still got to finish off the base so can extend the garage :roll:
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

TyreFryer wrote:Tony, Simon, do you know what the internal dimensions of your garages are? I had a council lockup and I'm sure last time I measured it, I thought it wasn't big enough for even an A body. How much clearance on the length do you have? Appreciate your advice as it could be a plan for me.

Yes mate the length of my Garage is 192 inches long,so you are right in that most ABodys wont fit :x a late 60s Dart for example is 195 inches long, i had the 71 Duster and that would just fit in at 188 inches a 71 Demon is 192 thanks to it having a different front end so that would be touching the rear wall and door,also i cant have a Challenger as thats 192 and wont fit :x in fact the only Mopars that will fit my Garage are Early Dusters, Barracudas and of course the Cuda which is a fair bit shorter than the Challenger

So it looks like my next Mopar Must be a Cuda :shock: :D
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Tony thanks for that feedback. My Challenger has the 73 bumper over riders so I thinks its 198". I didn't know the E body Barracudas were so much shorter!
Martin Walker
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

TyreFryer wrote:Tony thanks for that feedback. My Challenger has the 73 bumper over riders so I thinks its 198". I didn't know the E body Barracudas were so much shorter!
They are a lot shorter mate Mustang Length even a 72/73/74 with the overiders would fit in my Garage however them later challenger are even longer like you say,you could take the overiders of to save some length.
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

I couldn't bring myself to do that Tony, they are just too beautiful. :D
Martin Walker
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

TyreFryer wrote:I couldn't bring myself to do that Tony, they are just too beautiful. :D
:D and it would leave nasty holes :D
TyreFryer

Post by TyreFryer »

Measured my lockup this afternoon and it's 190" long :cry:

Cheapskate South Beds Council, skimping on a few inches. :lol:
Martin Walker