TOP GEAR

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

The Challenger is a great hulk because "Suspension on all Challengers is the same, albeit tuned differently in each model. Based on the same platform as the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Charger, the independent suspension is a known quantity to us, and it gets high marks."

I wonder if the manual 'box version will be any quicker?
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Sandy wrote:To be honest, I don't know, Ivor. My assumption was that the Challenger was just yet another 15 year old Mercedes chassis carrying a body half a ton more than it was designed for. Maybe not.

If it is bang up to date, then it was even more disappointing that it seemed such a disappointment on the twisty roads.

Dunc, I think they were referring to the Cadillac's speed around the 'Ring, rather than ultimate top end. Didn't James May get the four door Bentley up to near enough 200mph out in Bahrain a couple of seasons ago ?

By the time the new Camaro comes out, the Challenger will be in proper production and Ford (may) have released their face lift Mustang. It will be interesting to see a proper 'ponycar' comparison. Both the Challenger and the Camaro seem to dwarf the Mustang, and, like in the good old/bad old days of the late nineties/early noughties, they will both (like the GM F-bodies then) prove difficult sales to women. As such, their appeal will be limited to the hasbeen's and wannabe's while Ford will keep on selling shedloads (by comparison) of Mustangs to youngsters and women.

But, way back in 1970, whodathunk that in 38 years a hemi Challenger would have been shown a clean pair of heals by a Cadillac ?
love the has beens and wanna bee,s sandy, ;) :D this may seem bizarr but i feel to grown up to have an american car now, :shock:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Funny, because I've gone the other way, moving from Yanks onto quality British sports and GT cars and then going back to old Yank clunkers..this must be about my third mid-life crisis!

Please don't mention the Cadillac showing the Hemi Challenger a clean pair of heels Sandy, you'll send me off to the Miserable Old Gits section!
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
BUDGIE

Post by BUDGIE »

Sorry, but the new chally drives now't like an old un, dunno where that came from :?

Drives Ace, all I intend to do is bin the standard box's for 40 series Flowmasters 8-)
newport100

Post by newport100 »

Budgie wrote:Sorry, but the new chally drives now't like an old un, dunno where that came from :?

:iagree:
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »