Throw the towel in?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Throw the towel in?

Post by Anonymous »

Seems the water pump won't clear the timing cover , no probs , get some spacers machined up (1/2") , then move the crank pully forward , then move the rad forward , then cut the filler neck off the rad so it fits inside the rad support area , then move all the oil/fuel coolers foward , then get a new remote filler neck fabed up.................................................................................Oh & a new set of TTI headers for the raised port heads , to which i gotta make a new shift linkage too miss the headers.

Good news , picking all the above up from the machine shop tommorow (droped off tonight :shock: ) , also rotating assbly & block ready to pick up.

As Al would say "drat & double drat"..............................

Sometimes i wonder if it's really worth it , reckon on a shed load of unforseen probs to come. :read2:
Cannonball

Re: Throw the towel in?

Post by Cannonball »

Brutus wrote:Seems the water pump won't clear the timing cover , no probs , get some spacers machined up (1/2") , then move the crank pully forward , then move the rad forward , then cut the filler neck off the rad so it fits inside the rad support area , then move all the oil/fuel coolers foward , then get a new remote filler neck fabed up.................................................................................Oh & a new set of TTI headers for the raised port heads , to which i gotta make a new shift linkage too miss the headers.

Good news , picking all the above up from the machine shop tommorow (droped off tonight :shock: ) , also rotating assbly & block ready to pick up.

As Al would say "drat & double drat"..............................

must be some cover brutal, take it its a gear drive

Sometimes i wonder if it's really worth it , reckon on a shed load of unforseen probs to come. :read2:
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Anonymous

Re: Throw the towel in?

Post by Anonymous »

Cannonball wrote:
must be some cover brutal, take it its a gear drive.
:thumbright:

Those covers come with two spacers if not using a motor plate , but i ain't usin a motor plate & not got the spacers that come with the cover.

Cover uses an adjuster for the cam button , even if the adjuster wasn't on the front i still need to space the pump 1/4" , so no point milling the adj nut , as still got the probs with clearance @ 1/4". :shock:

:thumbright:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

why not stick a remote electric WP on

fit it anywhere, well within reason

http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/pumps.htm

pictures do not show the remote deal though
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying