Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

PUD103F

Post by Anonymous »

1968 RoadRunner ... Avon Park, May, 1992
Adam

Post by Adam »

Was Pete Webb's at the time. The car was rear ended as he waited to turn into Avon Park that weekend, hence the bumper damage. Now metallic blue and a show winner at the EuroNats last year (or the year before?)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

8-)
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
MattH

Post by MattH »

Richard Brezinskis car now, fully restored. I met the guy who owned it when in race colours (Runners pic) at the NEC 6 yrs ago. It was called Chantilly Lace IIRC.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Great pictures. This is what the board is all about :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Jeeezuss!!
Hard to believe it's only about 10 years old (at a guess) in that pic :shock:

You should have cuffed him, Matt - letting it get in that state must be breaking some law...

What was its original colour - the yellow?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

10 years old - you couldn't have believed it. I was talking to JC about this on Saturday. He and R. Runner have been into Mopars and on the scene since about 1975 (I was 4 then :oops: ) and I have always been intrigued about the condition of the cars then.

We were talking about a certain Super Bird (not his V Code one) that he bought in about 1979 I think, and it was in exceptionally poor condition then. Found in a yard in the US. After a couple of years he brought it over. Did it up. It changed hands a few times and ended up back in the US. He bumped into the current owner by accident at one of the big US shows a couple of years back.

I have to admit I love all this stuff. Those old pics are great and the stories of their history even better.

Keep it coming guys. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

The 68 Charger I broke up was only about five years old and it was crashed, rusty and pretty much shagged body wise...the running gear was still good though...most of the cars were thrashed mercilessly and many of the owners then couldn't really afford to run them properly anyway, so it was no surprise they deteriorated so quickly.
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
peterwebb

pud 103f

Post by peterwebb »

Andy
Where did you get that old picture of my Roadrunner? That is where i bought it behind an old garage in Midhurst
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Was it in that state when you bought it Pete - and did you get it to the condition I first knew it in (as in the pic with Adam's Satellite)?

Was it a JPC job?

Sorry for all the questions.... but that's what this area's all about! :read2:
R.RUNNER

Re: pud 103f

Post by R.RUNNER »

peterwebb wrote:Andy
Where did you get that old picture of my Roadrunner? That is where i bought it behind an old garage in Midhurst

:-$ :-$ :-$

:P :P :P OOOOOO that tastes "SALTY"
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Billing, sometime , 88/89 maybe
peterwebb

pud 103f

Post by peterwebb »

Yes Rob i did buy it like that £800 i think about 83-84. The finished picture is at the back of JCs house in mitcham about a year later, all the work was done in that garage including the paint job by JC of course. The car was rebuilt to stock spec down to cross ply tyres, it ran like a top. I ran the car many times down the strip at Avon park and Santa Pod it used to run high 14s al day long happy days :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Pete.

Remember racing you may times - don't think I ever beat you. Here she is on Brighton seafront. Early MMA show, mid 80's.