b5 pics

Moderator: Moderators

Mick

b5 pics

Post by Mick »

I have been debating with Mogwai what is B5 BLUE, he says that Chris Orthodoxu's Dart is B5, I thought it was lighter than that.
Pics would be appreciated.
Mick
Adam

Post by Adam »

Mick, it's a bit more turquoise than Chris's Dart. Check out http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin ... /search.pl
This 70 Hemi Bee is pretty accurate...
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thanks Adam
My car is being painted b5 or near as dammit, the colour chips on autolibrary are very vague, btw there's a Super Bee like yours rotting away on someone's drive in Notts.
thing is, it was restored by a friend of mine first.
Mick
Mick

Post by Mick »

Adam
Did you have the car sprayed and if so, could you send me a drop of paint for a match.
Mick
Adam

Post by Adam »

That Hemi Bee isn't mine Mick - I wish that it was! Mine is the green 70 R/T in my signature pic.
RoelB

Post by RoelB »

Mick , I can give you some sample or a drop of paint, My car had enough original paint left to match the colour. I actually took the car out of the garage for the first time today since last year August!. :lol:
I know it's late, but I am going to Brooklans tomorrow, call me tonite and we can sort something out, if you want
01493 732323
RoelB

Post by RoelB »

Thanks Mo, you're very kind, also nice to have met you at last yesterday
at the show :lol:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Ah but Roel. Your car is a 71 and will almost certainly be a different B5.

B5 blue was introduced for the 1969 model year, it continued into 1970 as EB5 (the E for 1969 model year), but the colour is the same.

For 1971 the colour was changed slightly (a little darker perhaps) and was renamed GB5 (the G for the 1971 model year). This is not the same colour as B5/EB5.
Jim

Post by Jim »

You shouldn't have to match a sample of the paint. Most Mopar colours can still be mixed from the correct formula.

Actually it may not exactly match the original even when new due to different paints used today.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm thinking of just picking a modern production colour which matches what my minds' eye tells me the colour I want should look like as I'm changing from the original colour (currently Frost Blue Poly, going to be Midnight Blue Poly) and if I get some mixed up to match the original code it will probably be a bit out anyway and at least if I go for a modern production colour I like which is close then I know I'm going to like the colour when its on the car...

Not exactly a "numbers matching" attitude, but for the colour I want its probably the best approach as theres very few Midnight cars about to compare it to anyway.
RoelB

Post by RoelB »

Jim, you are absolutely correct, I realised this and thought end of the day I'll match what was on the car, of which a lot of unspoilt colour was available. My paint guy has done a few Mopars in his life and he was quite happy with the match. I also think the GB5 is perhaps slightly darker.