TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

Cheers that explains it cheers.
Jon

Post by Jon »

well it does if i'm not horribly wrong :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi guys, its the same car, Ian Frankland sold it back to Al Ecstrand.
Al Ecstrand (RIP) was the guy with the Lawman drag racing team who came over in the 60's to let us boys have a look at US drag racing. He did some restoration on it and it went back to the Walter P Chrysler museum as part of drag racing heritage.

It lived in Rochdale at Ian's house with his 68 hemi Coronet and his 440 six pack Superbird. He had a hemi Satellite at some point before i knew him.

I have driven that car, his Superbird and his Coronet, he could never afford the fuel bill so me and Dave coughed up the fuel bill so he would take them out. Lawman has been blasted up and down Rochdale Road in Britannia, Bacup, with then a dreadlock crusty punk at the wheel (Dave ho ho).

We went to Knebworth once in the Superbird - i have the whole day on VHS video, the bird threw the fan belt on the motorway and overheated. We had to get the AA out for a new one. The most endearing thing from that day was cars slowing down for a good luck. Then a Transit van full of idiots slowed down and almost stoppped and shouted "buy British".. The Superbird on the M1 hard shoulder might have as well been a spaceship to them ho ho
Andy
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Pete_bedford wrote: He had a hemi Satellite at some point before i knew him.Andy

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nice, were these taken outside his house near Littleborough, looks like it?

Ian's mad on clocks last time i heard