Timing chain oil thrower

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Timing chain oil thrower

Post by Anonymous »

Can anyone post a pic/diagram of how the chain oil thrower is located.
My manual implies that (looking from the front) there are threee bolts that for the camshaft thrustplate (top left, top right, bottom left)
The bottom left bolt holds the thrower and its tab location is in the bottom right hole which uses no bolt (despite being threaded for one) Help please!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Anyone!?
Despite all my resources I still need help.
I took a photo of the engine during disassembley but it does not match the diagram that i have in Lary Shepherds book (hot rodding small block mopar)
I also noted that the guy who had built the prevoius engine got a whole bunch wrong so i cant trust the photo!
MattH

Post by MattH »

Make sure this goes in the right way or you will have happen what I did, see my post on " It was all going so well"
Terry R says I got it the wrong way round, so he should know which is the right way!!
Hope this helps, dont guess like I did, hold on till you get the answer.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
MattH

Post by MattH »

Just looked in my HP book "How to rebuild your small block Mopar" by Don Taylor and Larry Hofer. This pic seems to cover it, and further on in the text it says "Install the oil slinger on the front of the crank, outside edge away frok the tining - chain pulley. It also goes on to mention antiseize compound inside the damper to stop it sticking , and oil the damoer surface where it runs on the oil seal to stop the dry surface tearing the seal.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Terry, I'm really confused now. If you look at the diagram on ('Is this right?') thread it shows just 3 bolts with the bottom right hole empty and used for locating the oil thrower.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Terry, looks as if i need to get the oil slinger for the crank as neither of my small blocks appear to have one.
ps I stood on my head to read the picture :wink: