Posting perks!

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

drewcrane wrote:Does anybody know how to fix my exhaust bearings? ;)
Drew you should be runnin for President, I would easily vote for a person as mental as you ;)
seriously tho I don't quite understand the problem here...................some posts are informative, some are total crap (I can happily churn them ones out :oops:), but ain't it all supposed to be a bit of fun? Don't like it? then don't pay attention to it, surely ain't worth windin yer self up over stuff, .............having said that I actually do enjoy sittin back wiv a bottle of beer and "watching" a little bit of squabblin' ;)
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

Adrian Worman wrote:
drewcrane wrote:Does anybody know how to fix my exhaust bearings? ;)
Drew you should be runnin for President, I would easily vote for a person as mental as you ;)
seriously tho I don't quite understand the problem here...................some posts are informative, some are total crap (I can happily churn them ones out :oops:), but ain't it all supposed to be a bit of fun? Don't like it? then don't pay attention to it, surely ain't worth windin yer self up over stuff, .............having said that I actually do enjoy sittin back wiv a bottle of beer and "watching" a little bit of squabblin' ;)

Yea I do like to just watch , and learn too!
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

I am totally lost now.

Random comment in an attempt to change thread

In Macedonia there was a motorway bridge where a NATO insult was poorly translated by a local.
It read "SUCK MY CHICKEN"

TAXI FOR JUSTIN
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

Blue wrote:Dave, what Pete is getting at is the type of information that you can get from a factory service manual, which any owner really ought to have, they are cheap and easy enough to get hold of on CD from ebay. Anyone trying to learn will not get a hard time on here, and in that respect there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Yes there have a been a LOT of questions lately that would just take a quick glance at the workshop manual to answer.
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can attempt to work on a car or, in one recent case, completely restore a car without a workshop manual. It is just ridiculous.
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

People should not be intimidated about posting questions (even what might seem stupid),I am on 5 or 6 boards and if I have a question about something yea I get thrown under the bus but once I sift though all the crap I usually end up finding my answer.

The first board I went on was Dave's Challenger message board,

I had a huge vibration issue and was at wits end I went to every shop in town replaced so much stuff I dont even remember,so I ent on and sure enough Dave answered alot of my questions and i felt that i really didnt care how stupid I may have seemed i GOT MY ANSWER! that is what i use these boards for,

And my shop manual is in 2 parts due to all the use over the years,I hardly ever use it it is easier to ask you guys ;)

Didnt mean to disrupt this thread but the point is that there are alot of people out there asking what seem are stupid questions(like exhaust bearings) when I searched fot it i was amazed at how many people asked that question ;)
sublimemike
Location: oxford - the dreaming spires where cars in the city are banned

Post by sublimemike »

think the phrase engage brain before opening mouth or rather posting comes to mind.

There are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge on this site. If you go and ask a stupid question, or post a silly comment expect to take some flack (leave myself open here :roll: ) Next time you will think a lot more and do some research on the site before just bashing the keyboard. If that upsets you then grow some cohones. As a newbie you gotta respect people who have been on here a long time and earn their respect by using your head. Same in life anywhere.
if you think speed kills don't get on a plane
jerry

Post by jerry »

Pete wrote:People do not seem prepared to put in any research before asking basic questions, If people want it on a plate then be prepared to be treated like you are being spoon-fed........... :read2: :thumbright:
I am in 100% percent agreement, it doesn't take much to do some research. Admittedly the web can have a lot of crap to sift through, as someone doesn't need to be an expert to reply or make comments.

The web however, can be a good indicator, then take your research from there, be it the old fashioned way of libraries, books or networks of friends & colleagues.

It also find it annoying when some one asks your experience or opinion & then completely disregards or goes there own way. Again, not all people know the answers, but you can generally find out by some of there previous experiences or using search function if via a web page.

We all have to learn some where & as importantly,continue to learn, be that by experience or from others good or bad experiences.

I knew sod all about Hemi's a couple of years back, I don't profess to be an expert now by any means, but I did research, read up & not jump in blindly or asking silly questions on here or other sites.

If i was unsure, I ensured I phrased the question as properly as I could & supplied as much information pertaining too the questions.

I use the same rational for most things in life . . .

AKA Jerry II
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

I still get the 426 Max Wedge mixed up with the 426 Hemi ! so i can not call anyone here.

You guys here are like Professor Brian Cox! you make the complicated understandable! i could read a book on Auto Trans until the cows come home and still be none the wiser! however ask Duncan,Dave,Blue and the complicated things are easier to digest.

I have read a few books on V8s and i still have no clue about them? i need to see something in 3D or better still shown in the metal for me to understand it.I can not visulise how things go together when its in a manual.
It would be great if you could get 3d animations for each job that also include the mid year anomaly's not shown in many manuals.

Had that a few times where its nothing like the pictures in the book!
Prothed

Post by Prothed »

There was a time when I wanted to adjust the 'self-adjusting' brakes on the Charger - the FSM tells you to use special factory tool XYZ123.
I asked the board what this looked like, and it was a screwdriver!
So the FSM is good - but not all by itself...
steve h

Post by steve h »

Brutus wrote:Tell you what....................post the questions on yellow bullet/moparts first :help: ................coming back here will be like a kindergarten :D .....................they don't take no prisoners & haven't heard the phrase 'kid gloves'............ :shock:

:D :thumbright:
:lol: I took a kicking on moparts, cant even remember what i asked
now :roll: but Ive got a massive pair of Bananarama!, i got my problem
solved though via a pm by the same guy :shock:
I must admit Ive asked a few stupid questions on here as well :oops:
haven't received much flack either, and tbh i was expecting it
:thumbright: