17" Bullit rims

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian Worman

17" Bullit rims

Post by Adrian Worman »

On the Challenger Messageboard a member has fitted a set of Mustang Bullit style 17x8 rims on his 72 Challenger with 245 tyres and they look the absolute tits =P~
Anyone done the same over here? Look nicer than bloody Torqthrusts and presumably a lot cheaper :thumbright:
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
drewcrane

Re: 17" Bullit rims

Post by drewcrane »

Adrian Worman wrote:On the Challenger Messageboard a member has fitted a set of Mustang Bullit style 17x8 rims on his 72 Challenger with 245 tyres and they look the absolute tits =P~
Anyone done the same over here? Look nicer than bloody Torqthrusts and presumably a lot cheaper :thumbright:

I just cant see horse wheels on a Mopar,and dont you think 245,s are a bit small? .....ish?
Dave-R

Post by Dave-R »

I'm with Drew on this.
Even with the fuel tank in I can't see those wheels/tyres filling the wheel arch as well as I would like.
And they are Mustang wheels. :help:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Rich did it with his 70 Coronet. Looked pretty cool. I tried the 18" polished Bullitts from my Mustang on my Coronet, but they looked pants.
Adrian Worman

Post by Adrian Worman »

Adam wrote:Rich did it with his 70 Coronet. Looked pretty cool. I tried the 18" polished Bullitts from my Mustang on my Coronet, but they looked pants.
Any problems with offset or did they just slip on?
Jesus built my hot rod

72 Challenger
65 Barracuda
Blue

Post by Blue »

Nearly all modern rims have about 90% inset, they look really wrong on old cars, as Dave says they just don't fill out the arches like they should.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Adrian Worman wrote:
Adam wrote:Rich did it with his 70 Coronet. Looked pretty cool. I tried the 18" polished Bullitts from my Mustang on my Coronet, but they looked pants.
I would have needed adapters. I think Rich had them made, and also had to modify (machine?) the wheels.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Adrian Worman wrote:
I would have needed adapters. I think Rich had them made, and also had to modify (machine?) the wheels.