Car Art.

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

morgan

Car Art.

Post by morgan »

Thought this may be of interest. Some of you may recall an article in Connected a while back detailing the work of an artist named "Dave Synder" who specializes in 'car art'. He covers most marques of americana (and many others) and has some great mopar stuff.
One of the featured drawings in the connected article really caught my eye - like many others on here (I suspect) its hollywood that brought these cars to my attention in the first place - and the sad truth is that some of the magic remains firmly there. Its hollywood that made some of these cars legends in the first place.
Anyhoooo - I digress - Beloved ordered me a limited print last year for my 40th (I know, I know, its hard to believe isnt it. I look so young and toned) and this week it came back from the framing shop.

Firstly its huge. Have not decided where its going yet.
Secondly, its art - therefore not to everyones taste. (e.g. my wife) but she knows that I love it.

Its called 'Now Playing' and features about a dozen movie cars. The style of painting is very cool. The detail (took a couple of close shots) is great. Anyway. Thought it might amuse for 2 mins while waiting for Top Gear.

Morgan.
Attachments
No-one driving her of course...
No-one driving her of course...
art3.jpg (185.14 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Even got Hickman at the wheel.
Even got Hickman at the wheel.
art2.jpg (155.3 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
How many can you spot.... ?
How many can you spot.... ?
art1.jpg (167.61 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Remember the article Morgan!

Am i into art.....No!

But i would fill the walls of my an cave/room with a lot of his pictures!

Like a lot of hand drawn art like his, its almost like a snapshot of a period in time, which to me kinda makes it uber cool!

Nostalgic even!

Add to the fact it features well drawn (perspective as well as detail) cars and even better, Mopars then i think its true quality. I've bought many repro signs for the garage wall, but would love to add 2 or 3 like this to a room in the house!

Your other half has exquisit taste! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Matt74

Post by Matt74 »

Nice :thumbright:
I didn't realise straight away that they were movie cars.
I bet it wasn't cheap and rightly so.
I'm pretty sure Mel wouldn't mind me sticking that on the wall as it would go nicely with her Herbie pictures.
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

Remind me, where can I get one, I have some ideas for a few car moive posters going up the stairs, would like one of them as well :thumbright:
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yes thats very nice I like that a lot, that would look great in my study/comp room
V8 Sam

Post by V8 Sam »

WANT!!
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

I was really worried i thought art car art car was expecting :flush:

But that is great i like that
good post er :thumbright:
Faux-7-0

Post by Faux-7-0 »

On a related art theme, you might like the works of Dale Klee.

http://oldcarart.com/

If the link doesn't work (which is probably due to my ineptitude), just google either the artist or old car art.
morgan

Post by morgan »

Faux-7-0 wrote:On a related art theme, you might like the works of Dale Klee.

www.oldcarart.com

If the link doesn't work (which is probably due to my ineptitude), just google either the artist or old car art. [/url]
Will do :thumbright:
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

If the link doesn't work (which is probably due to my ineptitude), just google either the artist or old car art.
Link fixed ;)

This is the 'artist' I was thinking of when I read Morgan's original post. Seen his work before, and even commented on it on here before I think.

I dont know how he gets away with it. Just doesnt seem to have any idea about perspective or scale... :scratch: :flush:

His pics remind me of the old 'Action Transfers' we used to have as kids, where you'd apply a mismatched set of transfers of a certain theme (airport, dinosaurs, war scene etc etc) onto a printed background. You could never get the scale or perspective right on that either :roll:

Just :mytwocents: ;)
Attachments
MOPAR%20COUNTRY (Large).jpg
MOPAR%20COUNTRY (Large).jpg (110.6 KiB) Viewed 895 times
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

RobTwin wrote:

Link fixed ;)

This is the 'artist' I was thinking of when I read Morgan's original post. Seen his work before, and even commented on it on here before I think.

I dont know how he gets away with it. Just doesnt seem to have any idea about perspective or scale... :scratch: :flush:

His pics remind me of the old 'Action Transfers' we used to have as kids, where you'd apply a mismatched set of transfers of a certain theme (airport, dinosaurs, war scene etc etc) onto a printed background. You could never get the scale or perspective right on that either :roll:

Gotta sat Rob i dont think that what you have posted is too bad, dependant on price asked!

I have seen a lot worse! :sad4:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Blue

Post by Blue »

James Ibusuki is probably the best at this kind of stuff, although I do find it all a bid sub Edward Hopper, Notts Americana type tat that I wouldn't have on my walls, sorry.
http://www.dwautoart.com/ibusuki/index.htm

What I do like though, probably because I grew up with it, is 1960's model kit box art, it's very comic book, and very eye-catching which was the whole point.
Attachments
rdRoadsterSonOfFordMonogram001-vi.jpg
rdRoadsterSonOfFordMonogram001-vi.jpg (225.3 KiB) Viewed 861 times
RMX4262.jpg
RMX4262.jpg (65.03 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Charger

Post by Charger »

RobTwin wrote:This is the 'artist' I was thinking of when I read Morgan's original post. Seen his work before, and even commented on it on here before I think.

I dont know how he gets away with it ...
i'm with you there Rob

there's not a single Charger in that picture :angryfire:

outrageous!! :P :D :thumbright:
Si
1970 Charger 500
383 | 4bbl | 727 column | PAS | PAB | buckets/buddy - check out my photos HERE

If you don't want another same old brand-new car ... you could be DODGE MATERIAL

1970 Dodge Charger Registry - https://www.1970chargerregistry.com/
TYREMAN

Post by TYREMAN »

RobTwin wrote:

Not perfect but still a Masterpeice when you compare this to the Tossh that sells for Millions over here,Tracey Emin..Damien Hirst i just do not get modern art.

Love the Stuff Blue Posted :thumbright: one reason i love old car ads is for the Paintings some lovely stuff done in the 50s and 60s.Not much call for talent like that now thanks to Photoshop...although Photographers are talented and digital artists so no offence meant to them.

I just miss the painted Advertisments...and same opinion i have for Movie Posters.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Dart Vader wrote:Remind me, where can I get one, I have some ideas for a few car moive posters going up the stairs, would like one of them as well :thumbright:
Just google Dave Synder straight onto his website , got lots for sale , few Mopar ones too
MOPAR - Move Over Power Arriving Rapidly

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My Mopar upon you