Nic Williams SSCamaro

Moderator: Moderators

pete walton

Nic Williams SSCamaro

Post by pete walton »

I cannot nick a picture of Eurodragster of it ,,,,,,but check it out ,i knew he was building one but never guessed it would look that good...It has to be the best Stocker in the UK I told you it would take of,,,,more being built as we speek.....My car has to go ,,, :? time to start all over
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Is it a recent post, I couldn't find it, date when posted ?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Events page ,festival of power ....photos,,,, silver SS 454 Camaro....built in uk not a shipped car ......The bar has been set ...and yes i am jealous
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Found a green one Pete...here's a link:

http://www.eurodragster.com/santapod/li ... =pic34.jpg
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

Found a green one Pete...here's a link:

http://www.eurodragster.com/santapod/li ... =pic34.jpg
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Lets call it a greeny silver :thumbright: ....Thanks Ivor ...Runs 10.1 ??/no gas ,all steel ,stock interier,no stroker, ...the Bananarama! :thumbright:
Last edited by pete walton on Sat Mar 30, 13 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
terryr

Post by terryr »

great picture ,looks a well sorted car launches well on a smallish slick
RW71

Post by RW71 »

8-) Love that, very nice indeed. :thumbright:
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yep a nice car indeed, looks like its running Caltracs......

Pete you should match that and then some with your set up....have faith

14.1CR ported SR's, big cam, =650hp?=9.8's/136, at 3150lbs?, pucker rear end.... should be a breeze ;)

Whats the matter with you man, its not a show n shine on the track :lol:

Micks running 10.1 with only a .590 cam and ported rpm's at 12.5:1. and SS's.

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

yes a nicely sorted car leaves well but nothing you can't handle on a heads up race :thumbright:

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Les Szabo wrote:yes a nicely sorted car leaves well but nothing you can't handle on a heads up race :thumbright:

Les

Lez its not that he is gonna be quicker than me ,,,,,its the rules for the SS class....which is growing daily......The way they want it to go is stock interier and stock bodies ,,,,if thats the case then i am out ......I need a 67 , 69 cuda ,,,,stock interier and body,or a 68 AMX.... the engine options are good for the weight of these cars i.e 390 AMX or 383 Cuda ... Got a few years before i have to panic :thumbright: Lez someone has to build the first NHRA Mopar legal stocker in the UK...
Attachments
DSCF1917.jpg
DSCF1917.jpg (79.37 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Everything keeps changing all the time....so now its stockers with stock suspension and interiors and only factory optioned engines is it?....be interesting to see how far you can bend the rules whatever they're gonna be?, well that lets Mopar out then against those BB chevy motors, its gonna be expensive to compete with a Mopar...Koffel heads will be worth a few Bob then again if there's any left serviceable, or £££'s to port a pair of irons.

I guess the only way your gonna beat those 600hp Big Block Camaros then is with a Hemi 'Cuda, but who's got 1 and is willing it flog it, as you say a 383 A -bod 'Cuda, or a 340 but I doubt your gonna make anywhere near BBC power with stock parts me thinks unless you rev it to the moon. Its gonna be expensive as you said before, don't know much about the 390 AMC motor.

What about a 60's B -bod with a full on max wedge motor, they were lighter?...

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Gonna try and get my head around the rules Lez,,,,and of course money will be a factor...But i do believe its the future,,,,and if you keep it as close to stock as possible you willl have a fighting chance of getting some money back on your investment...Might even go the Ford route,,,Need to finish what i started with the Notchback yet mate... http://www.darrenskidmorephotography.co ... #h3319b193
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Yes Pete, have this year in Pro-ET? and then have a re-think about the future once you know exactly what the rules are gonna be. Building an NHRA legal stocker is fine if they run the class to those rules or something very much the same, otherwise, its a waste of time m8.

Its seems to be going back to what we had in the 80's in "street" class, before back halving, ladder bars, strokers etc.......the '71 340 would've been perfect for todays rules then, leaf springs/ snubber, stock interior, stock motor with a bit of tuning and off you go, except that 12.4's wouldn't win anything these days unless the cars were classed together properly.

By the Way, in '69 the 440 was an option engine on the 'Cuda.

With money being tight for a lot of people, its a good idea as you say keeping your car as standard as you can or being able to put it back to that with ease after you've finished going up the 1/4 will give you a fighting chance of your ride being worth as much or more than you have invested in it. You can always sell a near stock car, try selling a Race car.....I had to break the '69 440 'Cuda into a million bits to get me money, and that was way back then when money was about.

Its about time we had a class where the skill and knowledge of what you know and how you tune and set your car up can make you a winner in your class just running 12's or 11's, not the size of your wallet buying the most powerful engines to run 7's.

Anyhow, all the best

Les