My plans

Moderator: Moderators

Ivor
Site Admin

Post by Ivor »

That's really great news Pete, what would be nice would be someone else building a car to the same spec here in the UK, so you can get some serious runs in!

Good luck with this Pete, I think this is brilliant news. :thumbright:
The pump don’t work coz the vandals took the handles.

www.ivorsroadrunner.com
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Lez my understanding is the cam has to factory size but the duration etc is open season... Between the profile and the use of rocker ratio you can make the engine believe the cam is bigger than it is .....When the time comes i will get the cam ground Stateside to suit the moter....I had this done with the Cuda and it was not that expensive .......The lifters they use are a bit special because of the aggresive nature of the cam ....Compression i am not sure of but by the sound of these things they are high comp ...and Ivor there are now four NHRA legal Stockers in the uk .....and rumour has it another one on its way from the States....
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Forget legal S/S pete,£30k for a engine,£8k for a trans & vertor,4.88 gears and probably still not competetive.
Race gas at £24 a gallon.
Use what you have,enter ProET,dont go bankrupt :thumbright:
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

Great stuff good for you

Get a post going in the workshop

Going to be great can't wait !!!!!
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Turnip

Post by Turnip »

pete walton wrote:Lez my understanding is the cam has to factory size but the duration etc is open season... Between the profile and the use of rocker ratio you can make the engine believe the cam is bigger than it is .....When the time comes i will get the cam ground Stateside to suit the moter....I had this done with the Cuda and it was not that expensive .......The lifters they use are a bit special because of the aggresive nature of the cam ....Compression i am not sure of but by the sound of these things they are high comp ...and Ivor there are now four NHRA legal Stockers in the uk .....and rumour has it another one on its way from the States....
Give me a shout when your ready for a cam and I can get our guy to help you get the best out of it :thumbright:
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

[quote="DaveB"]Forget legal S/S pete,£30k for a engine,£8k for a trans & vertor,4.88 gears and probably still not competetive.
Use what you have,enter ProET,dont go bankrupt :thumbright:[/quote

Yep living your dream is gonna cost £££'s, to run low numbers, and as of yet, and if ever, I doubt if there will be a proper stock class for you to race in here?, and even if there were, I doubt if it would be policed well enough...so taking it over to Sweden/Norway to compete is gonna be the only way forward as I can see it to run in the class you built the car to, its no good flogging your expensive trick stuff much over here in brackets against cars that don't have the same restrictions as yours on motor size/weight, apart from the chassis...you can do that with what you have now with a few mods and save yourself a small fortune as DaveB says.

Apart from the motor, a real trick 904 trans is on the cards which can be anything from 2>5 tenths faster over a 727 etc etc etc.

I wouldn't wanna put a downer on it for you as if I had the will and the money to build a competitive car, I would do it, but only if there was a proper sponsored Championship class for it here with prize money, as anything else apart from Pro-Mod is just meaningless brackets compared to S/SS racing.

3 yrs is a long time for this project Pete, a lot can happen....the 2nd and LAST big Bang could've happened by then financially. But I do wish you all the best with it as ever, your a brave?...man.

Les
pete walton

Post by pete walton »

Les Szabo wrote:
DaveB wrote:Forget legal S/S pete,£30k for a engine,£8k for a trans & vertor,4.88 gears and probably still not competetive.
Use what you have,enter ProET,dont go bankrupt :thumbright:[/quote

Yep living your dream is gonna cost £££'s, to run low numbers, and as of yet, and if ever, I doubt if there will be a proper stock class for you to race in here?, and even if there were, I doubt if it would be policed well enough...so taking it over to Sweden/Norway to compete is gonna be the only way forward as I can see it to run in the class you built the car to, its no good flogging your expensive trick stuff much over here in brackets against cars that don't have the same restrictions as yours on motor size/weight, apart from the chassis...you can do that with what you have now with a few mods and save yourself a small fortune as DaveB says.

Apart from the motor, a real trick 904 trans is on the cards which can be anything from 2>5 tenths faster over a 727 etc etc etc.

I wouldn't wanna put a downer on it for you as if I had the will and the money to build a competitive car, I would do it, but only if there was a proper sponsored Championship class for it here with prize money, as anything else apart from Pro-Mod is just meaningless brackets compared to S/SS racing.

3 yrs is a long time for this project Pete, a lot can happen....the 2nd and LAST big Bang could've happened by then financially. But I do wish you all the best with it as ever, your a brave?...man.

Les

Lez i do not flit from car to car ,had that Cuda for 7 years ,said i would run a 10 in it,,, and i did...rightly or wrongly i stuck with that old bus, changed just about every nut and bolt in it .....So this will be a bigger challenge but one that can be done with a bit of time and money ,,,and who am i doing it for ,,,,well thats simple mate,,, myself I am 55 tomorrow lez and i will need to have something to do when i retire ;)
Jesus saves but satan does that thing with his tongue you like
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

As I said, all the best with it, and happy birthday for tomorrow.

Les