JWX 21D

Post old photos of road cars here.

Moderator: Moderators

Les Szabo

JWX 21D

Post by Les Szabo »

Here's a couple of pics Graham Barrs took of my 1965 K Code Muzzy, about 1979....1st is how it was pre- paint job...2nd was painted but before the shelby stripes went on it.......and a young me in pic 2 :)

A short story to go with it was...we were at the Pod RWYB-ing, and my mate jacked the car up to put the exhausts back on but he jacked it up half on the radiator......it took 4hrs to get home (60mls) as the rad started leaking, everything but anything went into that rad, orange juice you name it...we even had to use body fluid in it to get us home, could do about 4miles and the temp went up to dangerous levels so had to stop everytime.....fun days!!
Attachments
LES MUZZY2.jpg
LES MUZZY2.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
LES MUZZY1.jpg
LES MUZZY1.jpg (86.46 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
mad machs

Post by mad machs »

Well I'll be damned :)

I took this shot in about 1978 at the Firework Spectacular at Santa Pod.

Mike that is called Mike.

69 Dodge A108
73 Mach1 Mustang
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Cool pics.
I would have been 7 that year ! :shock:
And would have probably been at that event. Can remember clearly the firework meet was always Bananarama! cold !!!
Was in November ! :thumbright:
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Is that Neon Star next to your car in the second pic?
Les Szabo

Post by Les Szabo »

Not sure Paul, but I think it is......that was some car, a strong 12 sec runner, had a clutch in it that I couldn't push down!!!!......remember Graham took me out in it on the street one day and I asked him to do a drag shift for me.....well man could that man drive a 4 speed, he had a V-gate shifter in it, the gear change nearly broke my back....something else that was....see him at the Crocodile pub meet now, he's got a modifed older supercharged muzzy with about 550hp these days.

Les
Last edited by Les Szabo on Mon Mar 17, 14 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveo

Post by steveo »

good back in the day picture 8-) looks like a yellow challenger in the back ground in picture 3 :shock: