14" Tyres

Moderator: Moderators

Dave81

14" Tyres

Post by Dave81 »

Chaps I drawing a blank on this one (well to a degree)!

I've got 14x7 Wolfie Slots for the Dart whilst it retains SBP setup.

Three of the tyres don't maintain air and all are of unknown age......So I think it'll be safer to replace.

I'm not bothered by raised white letter or not for this.

The current setup is:

205/70/R14 Front
245/60/R14 Rear

The fronts are no issue and can be bought via Blackcircles etc, for about £60 a corner fitted.

The issue is the rears...........Only Northants do that size. But they want £160 a corner for BFG Raised white letter tyres.

Tis a tad expensive with the other issue that the car would look silly with mismatched (non front and RWL rear). So that would lead to me needing BFG on the front too......At the sizes above they want £140 a tyre.

So I'm in at £600 for 4 14" tyres............... :shock:

I have tried other combos and its the same for 235/60-65 or 70 and 225/70 section rear tyres at 14".............. :help:

Anybody got any idea as the 245's really help fill the rear well?

Alternative is to stick 205's all round...........But I much prefer the staggered setup!! :help:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

Dunlop sp sport where good and the best range of tyres for sausage sizes :thumbright:
The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

225 70 R14 herculse tyres

http://www.northhantstyres.com/RTS%20final/2257014.html

94 quid + vat

they are about 8-9 inches wide

run 195 transit tyres from your local tyre place on the front. makes the rears look wider

makes steering floaty light

although mine are firestones and only 225 65

this what it look like same A body wheel well

although i must admit i do have a set of 15 inch wheels with Anton at the mo for tig welding and sorting out, cos i too got fed up looking

Dave
Attachments
Hot Rod Drags 2010.JPG
Hot Rod Drags 2010.JPG (63.91 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Last edited by Dave999 on Thu Mar 13, 14 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
autofetish

Post by autofetish »

The closer you are to death the more alive you are
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

and you can of course put white letter tyres on the wrong way round so the white letters are on the inside

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Carl

Post by Carl »

Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Guy

Post by Guy »

Its more likely to be your rims causing the air to escape rather than the tyres, as they corrode on the inside due to the damp air used when fill tyres with air this is compounded by the heat cycles that the tyre goes through and the tyre moving around slightly on the seating bead allows the moist inside to be trapped there. Anyone taking a tyre off of an alloy wheel will see some form of corrosion in the bead/seating area of the rim. A simple clean up with a wire brush and a coating of tyre sealer will cure this issue..
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Guy wrote:Its more likely to be your rims causing the air to escape rather than the tyres, as they corrode on the inside due to the damp air used when fill tyres with air this is compounded by the heat cycles that the tyre goes through and the tyre moving around slightly on the seating bead allows the moist inside to be trapped there. Anyone taking a tyre off of an alloy wheel will see some form of corrosion in the bead/seating area of the rim. A simple clean up with a wire brush and a coating of tyre sealer will cure this issue..
Good thinking Guy!!!!!

Maybe explain why 3 of them are having issues holding air!!

Think i may well get the existing tyres off and have a look before spending the cash on new rubber!

Carl,

Not sure i'd put part worn tyres on my car mate...........well, not without knowing the original owner and proper reason for removal! Thanks for the link though!! :thumbright:

Dave999. Had a look last night and the only wheels NHT put up was BFG......Not today though! :scratch:

Hercules: I see they also do 235/60/R14 at 50p cheaper than the 225's.

Looks like they would get the nod if i need new!!! :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Well,

The head bashing continues......

The Slots are in for a refurb as I type.
After taking advice (and looking at the price difference), trying to get 36 year old wheels back to there former glory is out. Also compounded by the fact that the wolfrace wheels have a washer setup on them.....Being steel some of these have quite firmly locked tight to the alloy.........So they will unfortunately be painted. One had already been done anyway......so no loss really!!

The tyres though......... :help:

Spoke to Northants last week for a set of Hercules HP4000's

205/60/14 and 235/60/40. They were unloading as we spoke.
Speak today and apparently the site saying 205's are available is no longer true. HP4000's in 14" start at 235......... :roll:

So they quoted me on the BFG's.............£577.44 delivered.......... :lol:

So the option is to go HP4000's rear and get some plane black 195/205's on the front.......

Question.....has anyone go photo's of plane front and raised white letter on the rear.....Does it look good???

Other option is to turn the HP4000's round and have the RWL facing in!
72 Dodge Dart