WHEELS DAY

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Don
Location: DONNY SCOTT IN LANCING, ON THE SUNNY WEST SUSSEX COAST

WHEELS DAY

Post by Don »

Has anyone registered for entry to wheels day next year? Apparently they're restricting the show to 500 cars for 2015 and its via a selection process. You can enter on-line on their web site Surrey Street Rodders, also via face book.
......9 SECOND SUPERBIRD .......
Derek

Post by Derek »

I have Don, I have also shown interest for a club stand. will let you know more when I know.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
jaymin

Post by jaymin »

I have club stand in hand...

hi all

wheels day 3rd April 2015, Rushmoor arena Aldershot

Thanks to a great deal of work from Andy Carpenter the pre entry is going live,
It is NOT a first come first serve, it will be vetted so the right cars are there.
There is no pre entry on motorbikes,

This works for trade stands as well.
http://surreystreetrodders.com/wheelsday/

Surrey Street Rodders

Jason
ssr
Last edited by jaymin on Mon Dec 15, 14 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jaymin

Post by jaymin »

Derek pm you mate
Derek

Post by Derek »

jaymin wrote:Derek pm you mate
Got it, thanks.
Are we there yet dad ..... 10 to the gallon but worth it.

MMA Public Relations Officer.
MMA South London and Surrey Area Rep.
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

Only 500 cars? That's killed that then :( Pre entry absolutely no good to me and many others,I usually make the decision to go on the day dependent on the weather.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
newport100

Post by newport100 »

latil wrote:Only 500 cars? That's killed that then :( Pre entry absolutely no good to me and many others,I usually make the decision to go on the day dependent on the weather.
Me too - but I guess they had to do something after last year .
latil
Location: Steve Pearson MMA/014. East Grinstead and Carmarthen.

Post by latil »

I've been going since it was on the industrial estate in Guildford,not every year but many. Last year we drove straight in,from the south side,parked and paid then realised that there was no separation between show cars and daily drivers and in fact we were in one big car park.Total cock up for which I've heard various stories which all cover for bad organisation.
What I don't get is why only 500 cars? The site has always been good for many more than that.Now with pre booking the only cars will be SSR members and all their mates that they don't want upset plus a few that are lucky enough to get drawn out of the lottery. So,how to wreck what was always the best static show in the South.
1965 Belvedere 2 426 Wedge.

Climate change,global warming,the biggest tax raising scam ever devised by man for mankind.

Motivating Our People,Accelerating Rapidly.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

By way of comparison, has anyone got any idea how many cars used to get into Rushmoor Arena, say in 2013, when the weather was great and it was packed to the rafters?

I'm thinking 500 will hardly fill the main arena :-k

Still, it's good to see the event is continuing, after the doom & gloom being bandied about after this year's event :?
jaymin

Post by jaymin »

hi guys

wheels day at rushmoor in 2013 had 900cars, the main arena will hold 500 cars and that's how it got to be this number,
there will be a few more than this but its strictly pre entry.

don't think that the show is going to be a small normal one, still going for all sorts of cars/bikes and we will get in as many as we can.so if we can get 700 in safely then we will.

be good to see you there

Jason
surrey street rodders
show coordinator
Dart Vader

Post by Dart Vader »

I can see why they are doing it this way

Given last years issue they want to test the water with a new format and not get a repeat of last year.

Better to do a manageable number in 2015, see how that goes then maybe tweak the numbers for the following years.

Pre entry isn't popular and I can see why, but we would also complain if 100 of the cars ended up being Saxo's with a body kit as they got in the front door before us.

Let's give them a chance to see how it goes, they always put on a good event, last year was a blip, so I think it's fair to give them a chance to put a new package together.

I personally would do a wheels weekender somewhere and spread more cars over two days to avoid everyone turning up at 10am on a Sunday !
Justin "Supreme Leader" Greener
1970 Dodge Dart
1995 Mustang GT
1980 MGBGT
R.RUNNER

Post by R.RUNNER »

The great thing about wheels day was/is just turning up on the day, come rain or shine having a great time, meeting up and seeing what`s new after the winter.

500 cars :roll: :roll: :roll: it`ll be like a SAGA meet.....same ol same ol :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Looks like Wheels Day is :deadski:

:P :P :P
I`M PROUD TO BE AN ENGLISHMAN.......WITH A `68 GTX
Philb

Post by Philb »

Blimey...... for once i think i have to agree with Andy :!:
If i look confused...........i probably am.