couple of pics

A place to show off your Pride and Joy

Moderator: Moderators

Mick

couple of pics

Post by Mick »

Took my Duster for retest today after fun and games with steering, snapped a couple of pics after for anyone that's interested.
Attachments
2015-02-18 12.12.33.jpg
2015-02-18 12.12.33.jpg (75.68 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
2015-02-18 12.14.15.jpg
2015-02-18 12.14.15.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
Trigger_Andy

Post by Trigger_Andy »

Cool. Like the flames! Bet that gets some attention.
I'm here because Im not all there!!

Save the tree's.........Burn Rubber!!
John

Post by John »

Quality pics again Micheal....... Or should I say David...... err Bailey :lol:

Glad it`s all done mucker, another one ticked off the list aye ;)
Lifes Too Fast But The Car`s Not, It even managed to miss the boat twice.
Now passed customs.
Now on route.
Now in posession.
Now costing me sh*t loads.
Mick

Post by Mick »

It's this bloody phone it makes them look like it's in a phone booth. That and the fact that i have to shrink everything so much to get them to post on here.
Lol
Andy, funny you should mention that, i've had at least 3 neighbours praise the car that normally dont say anything when i've had others outside.
Mick
John

Post by John »

Mick wrote:It's this bloody phone it makes them look like it's in a phone booth.
Try turning the phone on it`s side before and whilst taking the picture Micheal :? ;)
Lifes Too Fast But The Car`s Not, It even managed to miss the boat twice.
Now passed customs.
Now on route.
Now in posession.
Now costing me sh*t loads.
MilesnMiles

Post by MilesnMiles »

Bananarama! pics, nice car Mick :thumbright:
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Was this the one you bought in back end of last year Mick?

Is it a keeper then.........or just ready for moving on?

Looks great to me! :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Steve

Post by Steve »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Mick

Post by Mick »

It's gone to a friend of Carl's.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yes my mate Pete finally bought it, so I went to have a look and I must admit it looks great in the flesh, wouldn't mind it myself. But the best surprise of all was when I opened the bonnet and found a DP sitting on top of an air-gap manifold, no idea what size carb it is though 650 maybe? I wonder if there has been any internal mods? Im assuming no, as it is still running stock headers and 2 into 1 exhaust. But in my opinion Pete has had a good deal. Now waiting for him to join.
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Mick

Post by Mick »

I dont think it has internal mods, it had a little bit of a flat spot off idle when i sold it, maybe some larger shooters might help. I gave it a lot of timing which it seemed to like and it didn't detonate, perhaps it's the low comp 73 motor. The small single exhaust and stock manifolds are a cork in the bottle and it seems fairly high geared.
You can spend a lot of time and money messing with these things but there becomes a point where the new owner has to take the mantle and Bananarama! on to the next level, i feel the price was fair and allows a bit of scope.
Mick
Carl

Post by Carl »

Of course I agree everyone wants to stamp their own mark on their car, don't know what he has planned for it, I guess as his first yank he will probably just smoke it around as it is, that is until the bug bites.

Mick I just wondered if you disconnected the vacuum and blanked it off? And what was the reason if you did?
Petty Roadrunner 416 Stroker 4 Speed
*MMA-609*
"Built to be driven!"

Why me??? :banghead:
Mick

Post by Mick »

Yes i did it when i was adjusting the timing and just left it there. He could always reconnect it for a bit better fuel consumption. Race engines are much simpler, no pv's, no vac advance, when you run a 5000 converter you just tune for WOT as it never cruises, just tickover and flat out. Lol
Unfortunately, when you sell an old car to someone who's never had one and isn't very practical, it's a very steep learning curve.
Take my challenger for instance, i've took it out half a dozen times and on 3 of them i've had to fix something, ist time it broke a battery lug, 2nd time i couldn't lift the bonnet, got it up and the latch had broken, so i took it off and welded it, 3rd time it was leaking fuel, so i had to tighten the braided fittings up. Not big things but if your not used to fixing your car it can become a problem if you have to keep paying someone.
Mick
Ammojerry

Post by Ammojerry »

Mick, nicely looking car. Like the flames with the black paint...looks great!
Mopar or no car!