Drum paint

Moderator: Moderators

Coupe66

Drum paint

Post by Coupe66 »

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a brushable heat resistant paint to put onto my rear drums that have been grit blasted.

Cheers Mike
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

I used VHT aerosol paint on mine 2 years ago (did the painting in the shed).
Still looks great today.

Did the front callipers whilst on the car, just masking and sheets to cover parts and body.
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Coupe66

Post by Coupe66 »

Dave81, can you remember who's VHT paint you used as I've been on eBay and there are a lot VHT paints made by different manufacturers.

Mike
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Coupe66 wrote:Dave81, can you remember who's VHT paint you used as I've been on eBay and there are a lot VHT paints made by different manufacturers.

Mike
I'll have a look for you and get back........ :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

72 Dodge Dart

Coupe66

Post by Coupe66 »

Thank's Dave,

I've followed the link and it states to use a primer before the top coat. Did you do this on yours.

Mike
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Coupe66 wrote:Thank's Dave,

I've followed the link and it states to use a primer before the top coat. Did you do this on yours.

Mike
Not in mine I didn't......Did mine as the rusty Bananarama! look is not my thing. Sanded down and blasted them with the black.........pretty sure I posted some photos on my workshop thread!

There hidden by Steel's anyway. :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart

Coupe66

Post by Coupe66 »

Thank's Dave, I've just viewed your finished drums in your workshop thread and they look the dogs.

Cheers - Mike
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Coupe66 wrote:Thank's Dave, I've just viewed your finished drums in your workshop thread and they look the dogs.

Cheers - Mike
No problem Mike! :thumbright:
72 Dodge Dart