Classic American Pickups ( 50's )

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Difficult to say - ad says it has a boss 302 engine but from what I can see they look like regular Windsor heads ( I could be wrong picture isn't that clear) - boss 302's had Cleveland style heads, depending on how far away it is , you could always go for a look to see if it's the sort of thing you are after ?
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

Doesn't have much in the description, no mention of anything other than the motor, as Chris says take a look or ask some questions first.
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
Motorama

Post by Motorama »

I bought and sold that a couple of years ago, it was a tidy solid truck, straightforward 302 motor from what I recall then, the Boss bit is Bananarama!. Had a power steering conversion on a stock front end from memory rather than a front clip, steering was a bit vague as most stock front ends are but otherwise it was an ok truck. 56 is the one to have if you go for a F100. I've a Photobucket album with loads of pics of it, message me if you want to seeit. I sold it to a guy in Skegness who wanted it for promo work for a motorbike shop but it changed hands again last year.

Most of the other stuff you've linked at the top is dragged out of a field off the boat, never near an MOT station stuff except the 56 3100 with the fake patina which has an older reg number and has probably been here 20 years and will have at least been MOT'd at some point, that doesn't seem a bad truck.

As has been said already they drive a lot better if a clip fitted and a later rear end but beware of crappy work from backyard USA builders. If you just want it to drive a couple of miles to work and back and look the part , and want it to drive like an old truck don't worry about a clipped one. If you want to use it as a genuine daily, occasional motorway trips etc you need one that's been clipped.
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

Cool - excellent advice.

What about this ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1955-Ford-F10 ... SwKtlWpPoY
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Drag boat headers !

I don't know anything much about the iva thing with regards to chassis swaps etc ?? maybe more info on one of the hot rod forums
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

There is a legal section on Rods & sods or plenty of info at http://www.the-ace.org.uk/tag/biva/
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

My mates - expensive but think I will pay the extra and get this

Lap top is burnin my balls and Im getting eye ache through looking

db

Post by db »

That's nice 8-)
No-one will believe you...
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

Mustang 5.0 engine / bagged but..........20k
Guy

Post by Guy »

Speak to Dean Inskip he has great contact in the stateside for this sort of thing too

67-72 every day for me as they have a more muscular look to them :thumbright:
Last edited by Guy on Mon Jan 25, 16 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motorama

Post by Motorama »

Ran this 72 as my daily for 4 months last winter, great truck, factory V8, lowered all round, ps, PB, 18 and 20 inch alloys.

Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

Nice :)
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

try this one, I sort of know him at local meets but have not seen this truck, but seen his other cars very nice cars.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/vehicl ... -up-414113
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Motorama wrote:Ran this 72 as my daily for 4 months last winter, great truck, factory V8, lowered all round, ps, PB, 18 and 20 inch alloys.

That's a really good looking truck :thumbright:
Raminduction

Post by Raminduction »

Looking at a 2009 Dodge Ram this week 5.7 Quad cab - enough on my plate with the Charger but hey.......At least its a Dodge :) :thumbright: