Mirabito Performance

For Australian cars, Mopar or other.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave999

Mirabito Performance

Post by Dave999 »

Ok few videos by Chris Mirabito

I purchased a few parts off him a while back,I have his pump brace and heat shield.

he is a plain talking Aussie, so be warned the language is colourful (swears like a trouper I'm afraid) to say the least (WARNED) but if you can forgive him that here is his quest to take a bog standard hemi 6 with about 110 BHP and turn it into a 300+ BHP engine with just cam and head work. (and obviously 3 big weber carbs)
and make his ute hit 64 MPH is 5 seconds

its an evenings viewing but you get a decent insight into how to build a nice motor making the best of what you got, without throwing anything much away, measuring the impact of each change well enough to illustrate what's going on.

you can apply much of what he does to any pushrod engine with space in the head for bigger valves and a bit of porting

see his calculations and his comparison back to back with every iteration

he drinks beer, smokes, stays up to 3 am gets called in for his lunch by his mum.............. and goes to the Dyno. a lot, and sometimes when its shut.

freely admits this is his way, not necessarily the best way, and he's not a mechanic.

given that we have very few kids who use the board these days and even fewer who like an Aussie car and are likely to even come into this bit i'll post this here but I might shift it to watershed if y'all think the language is a problem

PS there is a comedy moment somewhere in the middle when his mum calls him in for a snack before lunch.

part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 6.2
part 6.3

His channel for more burnouts swearing drinking 'turkey, engine talk and HOONING about with his mates

https://www.youtube.com/user/TUFFR6

Its strangely hypnotic, and his general demeanour when setbacks come is to be applauded. very much a can do- will do attitude.

I'm going to start on project Tyre fryer next.

Dave

PS if you watch it "The Bishop's" Balancer (Blair-Bishop) never got finished/sorted, he sadly passed away.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying