Proportional valve / brake distribution

Moderator: Moderators

fin170703

Proportional valve / brake distribution

Post by fin170703 »

So a looooonnng shot but has anyone got a proportional valve for a disc front drum rear Mopar ?

I frantically ringing around UK suppliers to try and find one, so I can go to the one car show I had planned, which is this weekend...

So far I've tried wasp (mark is coming back to me) and us auto parts, who are a 2 week lead time
Pete.S

Post by Pete.S »

i have a universal wilwood adjustable laying around somewhere....
fin170703

Post by fin170703 »

Pete.S wrote:i have a universal wilwood adjustable laying around somewhere....
I have very little experience with all this but I presume it should fit ? Ie the brake line connections will be the same threads ?

If you come across it, could you fire over a part number and I will have a look into it buddy...

Many thanks
mad machs

Post by mad machs »

That is the thing with after market proportioning valves, the threads. Catches many an unwary pilgrim out.
Usually the 'domestic' variety has the more usual UNF/Metric type union fittings, rather than the odd ball american stuff that can show up AN etc.

No biggy, just chop the ends off the pipe flare & bung on the appropriate fitting.
Mike that is called Mike.

69 Dodge A108
73 Mach1 Mustang
fin170703

Post by fin170703 »

mad machs wrote:That is the thing with after market proportioning valves, the threads. Catches many an unwary pilgrim out.
Usually the 'domestic' variety has the more usual UNF/Metric type union fittings, rather than the odd ball american stuff that can show up AN etc.

No biggy, just chop the ends off the pipe flare & bung on the appropriate fitting.
That's my concern Mike

I've put the old unit back in, and ive now got rear brake fluid flowing through so the shuttle has unsiezed itself. Ironically, one of the new rear cylinders is leaking like a sieve, but US automotive are sending a new one out

Hopefully I can get it all working just to get it over to Plymouth, for the car show, and then await a new unit from the states
Pete

Post by Pete »

Often it pays to open all the bleed nipples and gravity bleed the system overnight.

The lack of pressure in the lines doing it this way prevents the shuttle from displacing from its centre position and thus avoids shutting off an outlet port.
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
fin170703

Post by fin170703 »

Pete wrote:Often it pays to open all the bleed nipples and gravity bleed the system overnight.

The lack of pressure in the lines doing it this way prevents the shuttle from displacing from its centre position and thus avoids shutting off an outlet port.
Cheers Pete

I did think this for future issues. thought about buying one of those bleed systems that Dave recommended, to get around pressurising the system and moving that shuttle