Why is it quiet on here?

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

octanejunkie

Post by octanejunkie »

Casper wrote:
MattH wrote:

So, with that in mind, everyone can find free private hosting online (photobucket being one option) - hosting your photos on photobucket and then linking them to the MMA Forum is easy to do and costs the MMA, and the user, nothing.

If the MMA wanted to host the photos, the easiest way forward it to either buy a bolt-on widget which would auto resize the photos for user (for instance resizing them to 1024x768 at the time of upload) and this should be able to be bought off the shelf and implemented for around $750 USD (I know because I looked into this for a similar site with similar issues).
:thumbright:
Photobucket is easy to use, and is what i currently host pictures on. It is a bit clunky and slow though. I would probably go somewhere else, but i've been using it for years, so i have loads of stuff stored on there.
You can upgrade to a premium account for $35 a year, which i'm told speeds it up, but with a bit of patience, its fine
"If its a job no man can survive, he's the man for the job"
Lincrafts.com

Post by Lincrafts.com »

Just succeeded in posting a couple of pics from Dragstalga 24.7.11, feeling chuffed :)
What can I say, I'm easily pleased.
Present:
1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
2010 Chrysler 300c SRT
Past:
1999 Dodge Dakota RT
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda :(
Blue

Post by Blue »

I look in several times a day If I have chance, and post most days too. Then I'll look at the latest posts and notice I've replied to every one of them, so I reel it in for a bit to give someone else a chance. I don't want people to think it's all me me me!
In all the years I've been on here the readers have always hugely outweighed the posters. I hope it gets a bit more lively on here once the season gets underway.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Afraid I'm more of a reader, I guess in part due to my lack of knowledge being relatively new to all this and the fact my Chargers 600mls away making hands on learning very slow.

As said previously there is a nice feel to the forum with a great community spirit which makes you feel a part of the club even though I've only briefly met a couple of members in the outside world.

Now as its payday I'm off to sign up for another year :thumbright:
Lincrafts.com

Post by Lincrafts.com »

ScottyDave wrote:
Oops, I forgot it is due end of March, thanks for the reminder!
Present:
1973 Plymouth Roadrunner
2010 Chrysler 300c SRT
Past:
1999 Dodge Dakota RT
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda :(
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Lincrafts.com wrote:
ScottyDave wrote:
Oops, I forgot it is due end of March, thanks for the reminder!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

ScottyDave wrote:Afraid I'm more of a reader, I guess in part due to my lack of knowledge being relatively new to all this:
Think this sums it up perfectly. There's been a few times when another member has posted a pic or a symptom of an issue while looking for help. After looking at the post I have often thought of the correct answer but have second guessed myself and starting thinking "what if I'm wrong?". Only to have someone else post exactly what I was thinking, confirming that it was the correct answer. Maybe a lot of people doubt themselves when someone else is is stuck and looking for help.
If you spend long enough amongst old cars, you'll be amazed at the stupidly simple things that can cause all manner of potential expense for the owner
when your stuck for answers, any ideas are worth reading. There's no wrong answers or stupid questions, there all just ideas that will come in handy for someone, someday
'68 Dodge Charger
‘75 Ford Ranchero
'93 Toyota Hilux Surf

YouTube - Double Zero Garage
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

charger01 wrote:
You want to try living in North Wales if you want isolation. Even the sheep go around in pairs. :D
I lived in north wales for 4 years. Surprisingly, it's quite civilised... they've even got running water and electricity!
-Jon.
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Enthusiasm will come back when the sun comes out and the season starts.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
charger01

Post by charger01 »

Super Sloth wrote:
charger01 wrote:
You want to try living in North Wales if you want isolation. Even the sheep go around in pairs. :D
I lived in north wales for 4 years. Surprisingly, it's quite civilised... they've even got running water and electricity!
Where did you live?
Super Sloth

Post by Super Sloth »

charger01 wrote:
Where did you live?
2 years in Bangor, a year in Menai Bridge, Anglesey and then a year in Llanddona, Anglesey. :thumbright:
-Jon.
Hemimad

Post by Hemimad »

I've been busy, was going to do a six pack upgrade, but when the pound dropped, the carbs shot up £300 over night! Decided to replace the carb with a new 750 Holley and the exhaust with 3" TTI system instead.
"It's all souped up and everything"