Best (cheapest) US East coast ports for shipping

Moderator: Moderators

Garp

Best (cheapest) US East coast ports for shipping

Post by Garp »

I have my eye on another bit of muscle (actually, toss-up between three cars). I've found the cars readily available in most states but am trying to keep the costs down, so I guess there are states with export-ready ports to Southampton and I'd need to concentrate on finding one here to make it the best deal ......
Any advice ?
Cars in question are an early Polara coupe (perhaps convertible), Coronet (just love the shape), Plymouth Fury II/III (currently cheapest option)
...... and the possible non-Mopar option is an Olds' Cutlass S '68 - not the prettiest, but nice stance, and the most expensive
Cheers chaps
:thumbright:
Aerodynamics are for people who can�t build engines
Johnny Dart

Post by Johnny Dart »

My last two came from New York
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

If you look on eBay there's someone selling a couple of furys over here at the moment - fresh imports - they are somewhere near Farnham I think

68 cutlass would be my Choice :drwho:

Also a lot of cars get shipped out of Jacksonville Fl. but Florida is generally not one of the best states to get a car from in my experience - it must be the humidity and the fact they are surrounded by salty air but there seem to be fair few rusty cars there
Garp

Post by Garp »

hemi472 wrote:If you look on eBay there's someone selling a couple of furys over here at the moment - fresh imports - they are somewhere near Farnham I think

68 cutlass would be my Choice :drwho:

Also a lot of cars get shipped out of Jacksonville Fl. but Florida is generally not one of the best states to get a car from in my experience - it must be the humidity and the fact they are surrounded by salty air but there seem to be fair few rusty cars there
Yup - suddenly taken a liking to the early GM bodies; Olds Cutlass, Buick GS and love the Chevelle SS ....... ain't no car if it ain't Mopar !
Sadly, finance will dictate my choice in the end. Just looking for a period correct icon car in driver condition coz I wanna drive it !
:lol:
Aerodynamics are for people who can�t build engines
sharpie

Post by sharpie »

savannah GA ?
Daily drive - 74 dodge dart hardtop 318 green/black
Pete

Post by Pete »

My friend over here has a '71 Buick Skylark Convertible for sale 350 / 350, discs, red; not expensive.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Mossy68

Post by Mossy68 »

Coronet !
No brainer !! ;)
It's all about Smiles per gallon !!!
68 Coronet sedan 500 4 door
Dodge Ram SRT 10
MMA-013
cuda69

Post by cuda69 »

If you buy in the North East, Baltimore is excellent for Liverpool.
andyrob

Post by andyrob »

dont think there is big difference in port prices, but texas is one of the cheapest states for anything and its a very climate for rust, ive shipped from galverston to southampton in the past
life is not a spectator sport

www.andyrobinson.eu
andy robinson

68 572 coronet RT
72 440 chrysler new yorker
69 518 daytona