Makes me wonder!

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

shovelheadrob

Makes me wonder!

Post by shovelheadrob »

Just how many cars are out there (Mopars) belonging to people who have no idea about the club. Yesterday I was on holiday in Kent & heard what was obviously a V8 rumble by, just saw the top 3 inches of roofline of a Charger dissappear down the little lane by our campsite. Worked out where it had gone & could hear it still running so went out for a quick drive, as you do, found the car. An absolutely stunning '68 RT tribute car in triple black on magnum 500s. I've told him (Phil) about the club so hopefully he'll join. Sorry no pics!
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
Pete

Post by Pete »

A good point, Rob.

Not everyone "Does" the Internet - but we re-vamped the main MMA Website (not this Forum yet) so it was easier to find the club if you did Searches.

Also - not everyone "Does" Clubs; it is not to everyone's taste and some people just enjoy doing their own thing.

The Committee keep trying to get the message out there - we have a "Facebook" presence - but it is an ongoing challenge to spread the word!
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
guy whitwam

Post by guy whitwam »

Quite true Pete, have a mate with Chrysler 300, just been featured in Classic American, loves the car but doesn't do clubs .
I no longer have a mopar ,but love the club, that is not to say I will never have another but for the moment I'm over on the dark side with my on the road, work in progress !!!!!!!!!
Yours
GUY
MattH

Post by MattH »

I know there are people who don't "DO" clubs, less now that don't do the internet, even if they get the wife to do it for them!

There will be loads of Mopars out there with members who don't know about us YET, so go and speak to them. Its much easier to show the webpage on your phone these days.

I've knocked on many doors over the years as Demon James will testify to !!

I think our new website has improved our online presence substantially. Certainly the number of new members has grown significantly this year, which is very encouraging considering the battering nearly all car clubs are taking from fee free Facebook groups.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Pete

Post by Pete »

guy whitwam wrote:Quite true Pete, have a mate with Chrysler 300, just been featured in Classic American, loves the car but doesn't do clubs .
I no longer have a mopar ,but love the club, that is not to say I will never have another but for the moment I'm over on the dark side with my on the road, work in progress !!!!!!!!!
Yours
GUY
Yes, that is a special car, Guy - make sure he brings it to the Nats and maybe Brooklands this year!!!

Glad you are hanging in there with us!!!

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

MattH wrote:
I've knocked on many doors over the years as Demon James will testify to !!
Hunted down, more like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MattH

Post by MattH »

wasn't hard, rumbling round Shefford with a noise like that !!
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
Demon James

Post by Demon James »

:-$ :dontknow: Whayamean?

MOT passed today which is always nice (sorry, off topic)
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

MattH wrote:.... Certainly the number of new members has grown significantly this year, which is very encouraging considering the battering nearly all car clubs are taking from fee free Facebook groups.
That's good to hear, Matt :thumbright:

Is there a question on the new member form (if it's different to renewals forms), asking where you heard about the club? Like 'where do you hear about us?', with tickboxes for Internet search, Facebook, friend's recommendation, at a car show, etc etc...

Could be useful info........... :-k
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Some of us returned to the club...with the original trans-trans-Atlantic MMA more-door C-body (wagon!).

Some of us may even be at The Nats .... :shock:
Dodge This, Cat That

Powermyster

Post by Powermyster »

Im always surprised how many cars are hiding in garages about the place. I spread the word over here when I meet people but as stated some people don't do clubs and like here I am sure there are other clubs in the U.K. and regional clubs all competing for members.

I also noted a lot of FB pages being set up and people engaging there more and more rather than traditional forums like this one. I don't post often but I do check in from time to time to see what you guys are up to, still prefer a forum to FB, can't have a detailed discussion on FB.
Go big or go home
shovelheadrob

Post by shovelheadrob »

The thing that Bananarama! me off with Facebook is that someone asks a question & you get Johnny know it Bananarama! all sprouting crap, it then descends into an oblivion of disinformation leaving the op in a worse position than they started. On forums like this most people don't comment unless they have a valid opinion or sensible advice.
Sorry rant over!
Back to topic, I'm sure that there are hundreds of non club type owners out there who just take pleasure in having a nice muscle car to play with & don't actually realise that they are missing out on the fantastic knowledge base we have here.
You can't have too much power, only a lack of traction!
Steve Chapman

Post by Steve Chapman »

I've just renewed, don't have Mopar muscle anymore.
That doesn't mean im binning my membership. I like dipping onto the forum now and then, I must make an effort to post more.
Was posting and joining in quite a lot in the first few years, just got lazy I suppose.
That probably explains why I moved to a stock 49 Plymouth coupe!!!!.
Don't worry, may only be temporary, see how we go this summer.
Maybe too slow and steady and will need a return to muscle.
Note to self ...Post more and get involved.
lough3969

Post by lough3969 »

My Insurance has always been much cheaper when I tell them I'm a member of a classic car club! I'm sure it pays for itself... that said I've never been as involved with a car club as I have been with this one. Best car club EVER! Can't thank all you members enough for all their help and enthusiasm.
:plymouth: :Dodge: :Chrysler1: :plymouth: :Dodge: :Chrysler1:
Pimps in the Front
Hoes in the Back
Chumps in the Trunk

68 Dart Post