MOT fail ...... front disc brake!

Moderator: Moderators

Garp

MOT fail ...... front disc brake!

Post by Garp »

Sadly,
My Challenger has been "carded" on a binding front brake.
Need to have a safe car, so got to crack on with remedying it.
Justin "Dartside" has been helping me out with all the bits needed but sadly his Dart kit doesn't fit a Chally, so, in an effort to get my girl on he road asap, does anyone have a rebuild kit kicking about ?
Failing that, anyone got a fresh set of callipers that they ordered in error or no longer need ?
I realise I can go stateside and get some but thought I'd ask here first.
With that in mind anyone know anyone who is flying back from the US shortly?
Doesn't hurt to try.
:help:
Aerodynamics are for people who can�t build engines
Pete

Post by Pete »

US Automotive sell reconditioned Brake calipers.

Are yours Pin type?
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Garp

Post by Garp »

Just been alerted to the fact that several variations on a theme exist !
Bringing her back from MOT station Friday and will have to jack up and start tearing down to see .... are the differences simple to see or is a part number thing ??
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Garp........Get yourself a workshop manual. Its one of the best things you can get for a Mopar. That will break down all options that came on any car in any given year with photos.

Its saved my ass a few times when cross referenting what I have and what I need to upgrade/replace.

Not that there is anything wrong with asking (fat from it), but it is a great reference and bedime read. :thumbright:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
ScottyDave

Post by ScottyDave »

Have a look on MyMopar.com you should find a manual there.
Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

Several companies offer caliper reconditioning if the usual suppliers cannot help or cost too high.
Garp

Post by Garp »

So USAutomotive has nothing in stock but I can order a fresh set of calipers and pads delivered for about £300. Sadly, as it's Easter, not for two weeks !!!
I'm going to take the girl home and strip off the current calipers, dissemble, clean, lube etc
I'm then going to try to ascertain the cause of the binding - I'm hoping that perhaps next week I may be able to track some generic seals which I guess is what's gone, otherwise I got a wait on my hands.
There is a set of refurbished calipers from a 69 Charger on Fleabay currently ..... Single piston but if I'm replacing, as long as it fits and works, right ???
Easter Sunday will mainly be spent removing calipers and doing tie-rod ends if anyone has anything lying about that will aid me getting my Chally back on the Tarmac faster, please hit me up with a message.
Thanks all as ever
Garp :help: