New Demon Order

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

surreyman

New Demon Order

Post by surreyman »

I am a new member but not new to Americana as own a 68 Charrger, 69 Camaro and 60 buick invicta. Anyway , i was at the barrett jackson auction in scottsdale in jan. i overheard two guys chatting about their demon order so stuck my nose in . The long and short is i have ended up buying the guys order for a huge premium! i tried to get one when they were announced but even then they were 10k over list if you could even get one. Barrett sold a delivery miles one in the auction for 145k and by the time you add 10% buyers and state tax (if you are american) it equates to over 170k usd. The guy i bought the order from had to pay 10k over plus sales tax and i gave him 130k all in- Am i nuts?!! There is obviously hefty import duties ontop . So the question is- am i nuts?! well yes- i am not sure whether to import it here or leave it at my friends house in the states and not pay import duties- opinions?
Cannonball

Re: New Demon Order

Post by Cannonball »

surreyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 18 10:12 pm I am a new member but not new to Americana as own a 68 Charrger, 69 Camaro and 60 buick invicta. Anyway , i was at the barrett jackson auction in scottsdale in jan. i overheard two guys chatting about their demon order so stuck my nose in . The long and short is i have ended up buying the guys order for a huge premium! i tried to get one when they were announced but even then they were 10k over list if you could even get one. Barrett sold a delivery miles one in the auction for 145k and by the time you add 10% buyers and state tax (if you are american) it equates to over 170k usd. The guy i bought the order from had to pay 10k over plus sales tax and i gave him 130k all in- Am i nuts?!! There is obviously hefty import duties ontop . So the question is- am i nuts?! well yes- i am not sure whether to import it here or leave it at my friends house in the states and not pay import duties- opinions?

i think its possible that if you can register it in the usa, address it at your buddies pad in your name etc etc maybe after 12 months you can import it as personal and save some duties ???
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

That sounds like a good buy.

The Demon does look the demon that is, love to see one, but I know it is one of those that is not gone be out playing a lot.

They are gone be worth a fortune (if not already), so I would keep it in US and then make your money when everyone get to see that Devil.

In the mean time have your fun with it.

Good luck.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Bring it over! Bring it over! :D

I heard last year that someone else was going to be bringing TWO over - dunno if that materialised yet tho. Haven't heard of any over here yet? :-k
Pete

Post by Pete »

I think Duncan is correct on personal import after 12 months, but you will have to IVA it, and of course pay HM Govt lots of tax.

I am not sure how strong the market is over here - Brits don't like paying ££££'s for quality cars, most just want hot rods...pass me the satin black paint....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think the Demon appeals to a different market as well, lots of people into exotica who wouldn't normally look twice at anything American are foaming at the mouth over them.
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Clive Sutton has one listed for sale @ £136500 , I guess yours would probably owe you £120-£125k by the time it’s IVA’d and duties & vat paid etc if you bring it over straight away, don’t forget to spend the extra $1 for the track box before it’s delivered .....
surreyman

Post by surreyman »

Thanks for the replies- its seriously hurting my head as the cars warrantee wont even be valid over here! i am stuck with the spec the guy ordered- its go mango but no black hood or leather which is a bit daft . i really would be surprised if clive sutton can get those cars as they are genuinely trading $30 tp 50k over list . i can see they are special but longterm values? - you can get a lot with £120k! i could have bought the best charger i had ever seen at scottsdale auctions. this went for $132k all up- keep watching the video and kicking myself- so which is worth more in 10 years - the charger or demon?!

hemi472

Post by hemi472 »

Yes I don’t know how Clive Sutton is doing it, I’m just going on what what his advert on auto trader says, maybe he has a good relationship with his dealer and agreed to buy to buy a certain amount of them before the prices were even announced. Not sure about future values though 3000 of anything is quite a lot especially as most of them will end up being mothballed so there probably won’t ever be a shortage of them, I wouldn’t worry about future values id just get the Performance ecu fitted on the day it’s delivered and drive straight to the track and let rip , then after a month sell it for a profit and pick up a hellcat for $50k and get two old musclecars with the money as well :D
Blue

Post by Blue »

Who knows what anything will be worth in 10 years time, clearly you've only got one eye on investment potential...
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
surreyman

Post by surreyman »

thanks- its not really about investment but i hate losing money and the whole new car thing frightens me!
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Depends on your age re an investment, I would imagine it will take 20yrs to turn the corner and start to be worth anything like what it owes you, from then it should like most oddities start to climb in value, but who knows it looks like petrol engine vehicles will be out lawed real soon so might be worth nowt in later yrs,,The world we live in now is is a pointless place for a street hooligan to hang out, I have been the biggest head case and using fast cars to the full on the road, not now cops, cameras, do goodin tossers with dash cams the games over, might as well have electronic restrictors built in to cars 30- 40- 50-60-70 believe me havin a fast street car now is lousy, but at least yours will pull very respectable quarter times...........at the track
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Dave81

Post by Dave81 »

Your car your choice!!! :thumbright:

Sensible head:
Personally i'd never drop $130k on a Dodge.
By the time its landed its gonna cost around £100k then youve got to add Duty and VAT.
If you come to sell in 2-5 years time......Just cannot imagine anyone paying £100-120k.

That said i'm no investment or used car guru.........Sounds like high risk to me though!
Too hard to guess regards future values.

Petrol Head:
Go get it!! :twisted:
Dave Tildesley.....MMA-081
72 Dodge Dart
73 Plymouth Duster - SOLD

I wanna go so FAST i think i'm going to DIE!..........Then i'll shift into second!

"My Car is a work in progress, Probably never gonna get finished, never gonna have the money to Bananarama!!"
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

sit on it for 6 months and flog it once the sun starts shining

there will be plenty who just want one now.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
drewcrane

Post by drewcrane »

You only live once if you have the funds and the where with all to pull it off, go for it the car will be amazing,and due to the limited production number some where around 3 thousand will be built, they will be collectable for sure IMHO :D