going LED

Moderator: Moderators

ALLAN

going LED

Post by ALLAN »

Well I'm going in...After some serious faff with the MoT and red / amber indicators I've decided to go for it, I'm lucky as the 1970 Polara has a huge plane lens /reflector between the tail lights.
The plan is to fit the amber LEDs (supplied by Brightlight customs) above and below the reflector behind the lens.
The front required a change of headlights to include a side light in the outer lamp,(E Bay) by altering the layout of the connector behind the headlights I was able to keep the standard connector and now have amber front indicators and white side lights.
The rears..well..it seems everything electrical goes through the indicator stalk, after a couple of brain farts the lights were disconnected at the bottom of the drivers door pillar, pushing the female connectors out of the block , a lead run from the brake light switch to this connector and connecting both lines to the rear, that works, so I now have amber front indicators, and brake lights.
Today was spent making up a new loom that runs from the above connector, using the female connectors, to the tail lights, 20' of spi -wrap, :cry:
I'm saving myself for the simply remove the bumper..to get the tail light assemblies off, so far its all worked, I'll let you know what happens with the LEDs, may have to change the flasher unit (supplied) being a fatalist, smoke will escape at some point :roll:
Pete

Re: going LED

Post by Pete »

Excellent - we look forward to the write up and pictures to inspire others!! :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Kev

Post by Kev »

Get some of this, just in case....

(Tried uploading a pic of a jar of Lucas wiring harness smoke but it won't let me, bloody Bananarama!.....)

Type "jar of smoke" into google for the full effect...... :evil:
<center>
The name is Kev, nowadays known as Kevvy or Pommie C***!</center>
ALLAN

Post by ALLAN »

Well that works :D hopefully a photo will magically appear.reasonably straight forward, just had to sit down and figure out where to connect stuff, would look better with lights filling the whole area around the reflector but the cost would have doubled.don't be shy give Nathan a shout at Brightlight customs
Attachments
IMG_20180217_102821_9CS.jpg
IMG_20180217_102821_9CS.jpg (147.14 KiB) Viewed 517 times