Barracuda side window glass

Use this forum for all your builds in progress.

Moderator: Moderators

cuda69

Barracuda side window glass

Post by cuda69 »

H i all

I am having issues with the side window glass on my 1969 barracuda fastback. I think on the passenger side I have got it right but on winding the window up and down I couldn't stop the rear of the vent window frame from moving. I have since discovered that the tab and screw (left over in the excess nut and bolt tray) is the key to stopping this. Sadly I didnt remove the windows, the body shop did and the guy who rmemoved them is Romanian and there is a language barrier.

I cannot for the world of me figure this one out. Can any one help? :help:

Regards, Felix
Dave999

Re: Barracuda side window glass

Post by Dave999 »

if this is a front 1/4 vent window.......

if its a rear window i've just wasted a load of words :)

front 1/4 vent

the frame is like a 4 shape
the perpendicular cross of the 4 has a coin sized circular section that needs to be clamped to the door inner.

through the door caping inside usually directly below the downward slash of the 4 and often under a black plastic grommet or under 1 pin of any interior badge trim is a hole

down that hole should be a allen headed screw

that allen head screw screws into a piece of metal that has a nut welded to it or if it has been replaced a 1/2 inch by 1.5 inch by 1/8 inch thick rectangle with a threaded hole

this bit clamps the frame at the perpendicular cross point on the 4 to a section of the door inner structure
bolt followed by frame followed by bit of door structure followed by chunk of metal with threaded hole i think.....

thus the frame is supported there and can then be rocked forward or back in order to align its front edge with the door opening

you adjust it via the 2 studs in the coor Jam

allen or slotted wind the suds out to push the frame from the door inner surface
wind the studs in to pull the frame leg to the door inner surface
the studs also have an offset collar which within 1/2 a turn will waggle the top of the frame, the point on the top of the 4 in and out so it can be positioned to seal against the roof rail rubber.

when in the right place hold the stud and do up the washer skirted Nut the nut and washer are 1 part but the but turns and the washer doesn't...they are pressed together

dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

post up a photo of the bits left over and hopefully i can tell you where to stick em :)

Dave
cuda69

Post by cuda69 »

Hi David

I apologise for the late reply but I have just about given up on the MMA so hardly ever check it now and will be hard pushed to renew next year.

Thanks for the in depth info I will post pics of the left over bits if I cannot figure it out from here.

Happy New Year bud.

Cheers, Felix
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

no probs matey

pig to set up

very much a do it once job. becasue doing it again is not something to be undertaken lightly

to get this right

1) front nose cone and grill need to be in the right place in relation to the hood once the hood is in the right place in relation to the scuttle
2) then position the wing
3) then position the fore/ aft position of the door to give a good panel gap with the wing
4) then shim the bottom mounts for the wing behind the wheel in or out so that it aligns with the door
5) adjust the door striker and the clockwise/anti clockwise rotation of the closed door (washers between door and wing or slotted mounting of hinge on body, to get a level line of the window across the roof seal, and the door in the hole properly, check the rear edge of the door window seals on the leading edge of the back side window. if possible fix by adjusting back side window. check when you wind the door window up its edge does not go inside the back side window if it does it will pop it out or Bananarama!
6) shim the bottom hinge so the bottom edge of the door seals on the sill and then adjust the in/out of the wing again (shims) to match

Then do you 1/4 vent frame set up....

then you do the other side
or you think life is too short it will do :)

Dave