Santa Pod - private day - race all day for £35.00

Post photos from past events here.

Moderator: Moderators

Slowhand

Santa Pod - private day - race all day for £35.00

Post by Slowhand »

Hi all - bit of a long story but bear with me here.....

As some of you know we have a couple of Mustangs as well as the Mopars and I'm currently the Herts & North London area sec for the MOCGB. Its the clubs 40th anniversary this year so the committee was expanded to eight of us and we are getting stuff done. New Chairman, new regalia, FB group, Instagram, new exhibitions, track days, etc. etc.

......but to the point of these ramblings...........

I've been organising a Members only Santa Pod day since October 2018 with 100 racing (SMUK got wind of it & copied but hey ho - they'll probably just be modern S550s I suspect?)

MOCGB has given early priority to paid up club members through to Easter - which is as it should be, I feel - but there are some spaces left and I thought some of you guys & girls might be interested? Here are the details:

Date - Friday 5th July. Gates open 08:30
Driver briefing at 9:15 for anyone unfamiliar with the routine.
Price is £35.00 which gets you, your car and one passenger (not racing) in for the day
Additional passengers are £5.00 each
Spectators are £5.00 each (prebook or cash on the gate)

Any passengers (in a car that is booked in to race) may upgrade from 'passenger' to 'additional driver' status for £5.00 extra

Payments via Paypal from this page https://www.mocgb.net/index.php/santa-pod

Hope that's all clear?
AMERICAN CARS ONLY PLEASE. Numbers are limited so don't hang about if you fancy it!!

I talked to quite a few people about numbers at Santa Pod and 100 seemed to be about right to keep it interesting and keep queuing times to a minimum. Its costing £3k +VAT so £35.00 each plus a few spectators should allow us to approx. break even for the day.

One chap on the committee has a Vette so hes talking to the CCCUK, another a Camaro, but obviously, I'd rather mix it up with some of Chrysler corporations finest.

If any Moparists book in please do let me know or post here.

Cheers,
Roy
Roy (Slowhand) MOCGB Chairman

Pete

Re: Santa Pod - private day - race all day for £35.00

Post by Pete »

Great idea, Roy - that local A602 club ran one very successfully last year (as you probably know ;) )

I will try to do both sessions this year if I can get the car running again....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Slowhand

Re: Santa Pod - private day - race all day for £35.00

Post by Slowhand »

That's great Pete. You/ll need to pre-book if you want to use the track though - (limit 100)

Spectators can turn up on the day and get in for a fiver (Pre-book or pay on the gate).
Roy (Slowhand) MOCGB Chairman