Eagles at Wembley Stadium

News, jokes, computer help, whatever!

Moderator: Moderators

Pete

Re: Eagles at Wembley Stadium

Post by Pete »

I was 12 at the time!!

Rod Stewart was actually very good, much to my annoyance - Maggie May and all that stuff.

Elton was originally a bit rock 'n Roll it all went a bit sad...

BTW, that was £1, not £1000.....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Cannonball

Post by Cannonball »

Pete wrote: Wed Jan 01, 20 5:14 pm I was 12 at the time!!

Rod Stewart was actually very good, much to my annoyance - Maggie May and all that stuff.

Elton was originally a bit rock 'n Roll it all went a bit sad...

BTW, that was £1, not £1000.....

I Know Peter and to be honest he would have to pay me to watch him, and apart from me enjoying a spirited drive to the venue and back home it would cost him a grand nothing less, 8-) 8-)
www.dwatts80.fsnet.co.uk

WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, CLOBBER THE COMPETITION ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

OFTEN OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED,

HEY WHATS THE TOP END ON THAT SUPERSPORTS. UNLIMITED,

I HAVE A NVQW

LIFE GOES PRETTY FAST, IF YOU DONT LOOK ROUND A WHILE YOU MAY JUST MISS IT,

THE PASS IS THE JUICE,

LOVED BY FEW,
HATED BY MANY
RESPECTED BY ALL
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Steve

Post by Steve »

I believe ticket prices are so high now because, with the advent of Spotify and download sites, there is very little (and sometimes no or minus) money in producing and selling recordings. Most of a bands income now comes from touring hence the daft prices. I know we have inflation but I don't think a 5 quid ticket in 1985 is now a 120 quid ticket in 2020.

I don't really go to many gigs now unless they are at small, spit and sawdust places (Justin Currie of Del Amitri fame at the Slade Rooms in Wolverhampton is a great night out) and a lot of the tribute bands are very good and a great night out as an alternative. Although, saying that, the prices for the Australian Pink Floyd shows are now very high :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
Pete

Post by Pete »

Australian Pink Floyd shows are now very high = £93!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Just seen that Madonna is playing the London Palladium later this month and during Feb so i thought I'd see if those tickets were priced equally ridiculously...

Cheapest stalls seats are £455...

Good job I'm not interested :lol:

Again, I'd have expected it to be sold out by now so perhaps the prices are putting people off :roll:
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

and there is me wanted to see Roger Waters, on his last tour, and thought £180 for ticket was expensive :(

was a bargain in comparison
Pete

Post by Pete »

RobTwin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 20 12:56 am Just seen that Madonna is playing the London Palladium later this month and during Feb so i thought I'd see if those tickets were priced equally ridiculously...

Again, I'd have expected it to be sold out by now so perhaps the prices are putting people off :roll:
Tickets for Mage in the past have been as high as £750 a pop.... obviously in decline....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Pete wrote: Thu Jan 09, 20 12:10 pm
RobTwin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 20 12:56 am Just seen that Madonna is playing the London Palladium later this month and during Feb so i thought I'd see if those tickets were priced equally ridiculously...

Tickets for Mage in the past have been as high as £750 a pop.... obviously in decline....
The £455 were the cheapest i could find on the lower level. There were some at £420 up in the balconies (but they are all good views at the Palladium), but the prices go up from there depending what package you want - VIP etc - up to well over a grand!! :shock: #-o
morgan

Post by morgan »

Going to the Guns'n'Roses pension-fund tour later in the year - and that is £150 for seats on the side of the stadium. Thought that was bad but Madonna sounds unreal !
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

morgan wrote: Fri Jan 10, 20 10:55 am Going to the Guns'n'Roses pension-fund tour later in the year - and that is £150 for seats on the side of the stadium. Thought that was bad but Madonna sounds unreal !
I toyed with the idea of going to that too Morgan but decided against it when I saw the prices!

I'll make do with my (fading) memory of seeing them at Wembley Stadium in 1991... when it was £18.50 :lol:
morgan

Post by morgan »

Saw them in Milton Keynes in 91. And then again 2016 on the first pension-top-up-tour. Ended up in the 'golden circle' (which is the bit near the front where they charge you double.). Anyway, arrived, wandered in (olympic stasium - so BIG venue) and suddenly realised we were actually in a good spot - like 4 people from the front or something. So we stayed there.

See what I mean ? THIS close. (took these pics). Sitting this time. I want a bar and a bog :)
Attachments
gnr1.jpg
gnr1.jpg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
gnr2.jpg
gnr2.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Excellent pics, especially Slash...hes a legend, nearly as cool as Pete.

I saw him on a little 'solo' tour years ago as Slashs Snakepit at the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton. He jumped off the stage onto a security guards shoulders and played 'Sweet Child O Mine'. Fantastic and about £15!

I thought Axl was surprisingly good with AC/DC, apart from limping around on a cast :D :D :D Undoubtedly the loudest concert Ive ever been too.

I doubt if I will ever do a stadium gig again. I refuse to stand all day, cross legged and parched whilst paying silly money for the privilege.

When all these acts get a bit longer in the tooth, they crave small, intimate venues and that's when they are at their best in my opinion. Ive seen a few of my favourites (Hootie and the Blowfish, John Hiatt, Ricky Ross, Crowded House, Hall and Oates, Texas etc) in small venues and they are much better shows.

Roger Waters puts on a great show and I saw him before he was charging really silly money. I would have loved to have seen the 'In The Flesh' tour as I think that album is the best album any of the Floydies have ever made. To see Doyle Bramhall and Snowy White trading licks on 'Comfortably Numb' would have been a dream come true, not forgetting Andy Fairweather Low either, who played on that tour.

This would be my ultimate concert wet dream.....

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream
RM23

Post by RM23 »

Hair bear rubbish :lol: \:D/ :plymouth:
watch out for the quiet ones ...
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

RM23 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 20 12:31 pm Hair bear rubbish :lol: \:D/ :plymouth:
:P :P :P