The final Connected

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Gas for GOSH

The final Connected

Post by Gas for GOSH »

Dropping through your letterbox now - the final edition of Connected. I've used the Ed Speak page to thank everyone who has contributed over the ten years I've been editing and in the times before that. Two people have especially put in a lot of time and commitment: Simon Feaver who did the layout and printing (and wrote an excellent piece with his Mustang for this last run out) and Sean Henstridge who worked his magic to produce excellent coverwork. It has genuinely been a pleasure to do this for the club, to interview fantastic people and to write about some stonking shows and cars.

This does not mean that we are now dis-Connected, it just means we remain connected through the modern medium of IT rather than old school printed paper. The forum and the Facebook page are both excellent resources and fulfil different functions. Please support them they way you did the magazine: if you go to an event (whenever they resume :cry: ) why not post up some photos and words on Facebook; if you are using this lockdown time to undertake work on your vehicle, post it in one of the sections on the Forum.

Look after yourselves and stay safe,

Simon
cover.jpg
cover.jpg (113.43 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
"Now some guys they just give up living - start dieing little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racing in the streets...." Bruce Springsteen
Robert Nauer

Re: The final Connected

Post by Robert Nauer »

Thanks Simon, excellent edition as always; will miss receiving them in the Post but you're right, we are living in a digital world so we will remain Connected! I'm looking forward though to when we can get our MOPARs back on the road and to the shows where they belong. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Cheers, Robert
cadboy

Post by cadboy »

Thank you Simon for all your hard work on the mag it will be missed but I understand the new world.
MattH

Post by MattH »

Great final issue, well done Simon. I particularly like the old covers as the cover.

I have still got every issue, including the magazines before it was called Connected. They are now all safely stored thanks to garage and loft tidying during lock down.

Hopefully everyone will appreciate the reasons for ceasing the magazine.
New ideas on how to take the club forward are always welcome.
Matt Hollingsworth - Vehicle Registrar
Panther Pink 73 Aussie Charger 265 Hemi 4 spd
Challenger Sam Posey Tribute car
XP29

Post by XP29 »

Thanks Simon. :salute:
1966 Charger, 383 4bbl, 4 speed manual trans, Sure-grip, original paint.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Excellent issue... and such a shame we are losing the mag.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thank you for everything you have done Simon. A great magazine but onwards and hopefully upwards. I'm not interested in any social media so will definately miss out but I still have lots of the old mags to look back on. A highlight of my Mopar time is when we met at the NEC and I had a cuppa with you. Was great fun, nice memories

Cheers Steve :thumbright:
Bat Girl Stalker Living Petes Dream