Rear shocks

Moderator: Moderators

three counties

Rear shocks

Post by three counties »

Hi all, looking for a pair of rear shock absorbers, for my 68 charger, any recommendations for what type to get? Have been reading a lot of reviews about kyb shocks,a lot of different options,I know that I've got to get the rear leaf springs re tempered, have spoken to Paddington springs about this, any suggestions regarding the shocks, would be appreciated, thanks
morgan

Re: Rear shocks

Post by morgan »

Stock KYB gas-ad-just on mine. Seems fine for my use. Been on there 5-10 yrs, no leaks etc.
Paired them with Hotchkis rear leaf springs though rather than the stock as mine used to be a small block car.
"Cum homine de cane debeo congredi." Woof.

Current Charger status - "Working !"
mr m

Post by mr m »

kyb are ok used em on a few cars, have had some Gaz adjustables made, not dear, koni's do a 3 way adjustable which are good betterride than kyb
IF ITS ON WHEELS, LOWER IT!!
three counties

Post by three counties »

Thanks Morgan, will have a look round for them, have been getting quite a few bits from rock auto, the quality is good, but most of them are made in China 👍
SJH

Post by SJH »

All of the KYB's I have ordered from Rock auto state they are "made in Japan". One of the reasons for ordering them.

Shayne
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

i'm sure there are better than KYBs but bang for buck they do the job. keep an eye out for rockauto promos i think i did front an rear for less than £100

they are made in japan by a company that makes suspension and shock absorber units for aircraft and trains. dunno if that helps or hinders decision making, but that company are obviously getting something right for a range of customers that is bigger than a bloke with an old car

Japanese ball joints also good three five (555) brand make stuff that gets sold in Moog boxes they definitely do upper and lower A body joints.... but you don't tend to see a 555 branded box anywhere much than Australia and Japan.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
three counties

Post by three counties »

Thanks all , for all the information, will have a look on rock auto first, and go from there 👍