Sick Week.

Mopar related chat and bench racing

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff

Sick Week.

Post by Jeff »

Who watched it last week? It was live every day! I watched it all 5 days, and have to say if anything EVER got me motivated, it was that!
Last weekend, we ordered a brand new trailer..... Hmmmmm.
I am keeping this Mopar....... SOLD!
RobTwin

Re: Sick Week.

Post by RobTwin »

Didnt see it live but I've been catching up on YT with the daily highlight shows by the 1320video guys.
Our mate Paul and Al Mac went over there to race an LS powered Volvo they bought up New York way and drove it down to Fla for the race week.
They ran a best of 9.90
The plan is to bring the car back and maybe race it as-is or ultimately put the running gear in Paul's 61 Impala :shock:
They are leaving the trailer in Florida tho (probably at Ron Fenton's place) and is up for sale :-k
Attachments
sick week.jpg
sick week.jpg (120.7 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

They had that Volvo coupe? That turned some heads there. Not the sort of car you expect to see at an event like that. But That was an amazing time.
The whole scene is really being dominated by the turbo cars now. But some amazing NA cars were running. I am pondering on doing the miles of mayhem this year... But to be honest, would probably be easier and cheaper to go down to the states. The borders will be back to normal in 13 days. Just in time for the season. And picking up parts in Buffalo. That way we take advantage of free shipping in the lower 48.
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Yes, the Volvo Coupe. Haven't seen it mentioned in the 1320 highlight videos yet but I'm only up to day 4... :-k

I did see another British guy on day 1, crashed his 64 Nova after a rad hose let go, and caused his rear end to get loose :?
I didnt catch his name tho :-k
Pete

Post by Pete »

Paul just ran a 9.90-ish but was beaten in the Bracket by a slower car....
Pete Wiseman; Cambridge.

Mopar by the grace of God
Stu Twin

Post by Stu Twin »

RobTwin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 22 4:11 pm Yes, the Volvo Coupe. Haven't seen it mentioned in the 1320 highlight videos yet but I'm only up to day 4... :-k

I did see another British guy on day 1, crashed his 64 Nova after a rad hose let go, and caused his rear end to get loose :?
The 'English' guy is Stefan Rossi who moved over there a few years ago (according to the vid).
I think he's building the engine for Steve Walker's racecar/truck.

Jeff - if the guy can drive his 65 GTO 3-4000 miles from Canada i'm sure you can. :D
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hadn’t the Volvo already completed drag week a couple of times?
“This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco, this ain’t no foolin’ around”
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Stu Twin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 22 4:36 pm
RobTwin wrote: Fri Feb 18, 22 4:11 pm Yes, the Volvo Coupe. Haven't seen it mentioned in the 1320 highlight videos yet but I'm only up to day 4... :-k

The 'English' guy is Stefan Rossi who moved over there a few years ago (according to the vid).
I think he's building the engine for Steve Walker's racecar/truck.

Jeff - if the guy can drive his 65 GTO 3-4000 miles from Canada i'm sure you can. :D
He drove from Alberta to Florida/Georgia in the GTO, with his dad and his mate. Came 1st in his class, and I bet a lot of guys start ordering his manual gearboxes this year!! G Force gearboxes is his company I think.
mopar_mark

Post by mopar_mark »

Blue wrote: Fri Feb 18, 22 5:17 pm Hadn’t the Volvo already completed drag week a couple of times?
Paul/Als Volvo has completed Drag Week previously

I don’t think the Swedish Guys Volvo has
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Screen shot from a video on facebook...

Last run at sick week... Volvo in left lane =D>
Attachments
volvo.jpg
volvo.jpg (53.03 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
RobTwin

Post by RobTwin »

Found the video of the above...

It's a full live stream so FFwd to 6 hrs 21 mins 50 secs :D

It's so low-key the commentators hardly noticed it, till it crossed the line at 147mph :shock: