Interior trim screws

Moderator: Moderators

Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Interior trim screws

Post by Stu »

At risk of sounding like a rivet counter, does anyone know the correct spec for the screws that hold the rear interior panels on a 70 Challenger?

Turns out, not a single screw in either of mine and looks like that is why they don’t sit right (unsurprisingly…)

Don’t want to have to order a full interior set plus shipping, so be handy if I can find the right spec here somewhere.

Ta!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435
Dave999

Re: Interior trim screws

Post by Dave999 »

on mine.. they are philips rasied counter sunk like a squashed pan head, more like a plump apple pie :)
stainless would do.... although i think the orginals were pasivated in some way not yellowy and poisonous a-la cadmium more likley zinc

on mine used for
the aluminium sill plates, the bit of ally at the door pillar corners and around the beltr mountings trim across the top of the rear door/1/4 cards and with a washer the kick boards
any plastic bits bolted to the seat hinge area.... the bits that get kciked off by rear seat passnegers

i have 2 bags 1 fatter than the other, to cover the areas where mr don't know my own srength has pulled the mounting holes right trhough..... jut dunno where i put them, i'm sure they will turn up

and of course what the aussies did may not be quite the same as what the US did, althogh they did import a legion of small parts.

Dave
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

https://www.accu.co.uk/941-phillips-sel ... ews?page=1

id guess they were not metric.... how rivety do you need to be..?
The Greater Knapweed near the Mugwort by the Buckthorn tree is dying
Stu
Location: Shropshire, home of the worlds smallest big screen TV

Post by Stu »

Don’t need to be too rivety, just would rather have the right thing if possible, save making anything oversize or badly fitting. :D

I’ve got about a thousand self tappers of various sizes, but nothing that seems to want to be right. :roll:
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not…

70 Challenger
MMA/489
NSS/435